Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all the picky eaters (and beet haters)

I was meh about Brussels sprouts 'til my man cooked me some. Threw them down in a pan with olive oil, mostly raw. So delish. I was used to the taste of my mum boiling the crap outta them.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I was meh about Brussels sprouts 'til my man cooked me some. Threw them down in a pan with olive oil, mostly raw. So delish. I was used to the taste of my mum boiling the crap outta them.
    Yes, that is a good reason to hate them.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Or the beets from a can, which was my *shudder* experience.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I like all these things, although I don't *love* cilantro. People say you either love it or hate it, I just sort of like it okay, lol. I love brussels sprouts with bacon, and a little splash of soy sauce is great with them too.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Tinned asparagus is pretty gross.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Veg in a can should be banned, gives me the shivers.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Borscht soup was big in my family. Never has touched these lips nor a cooked beet.

However, for health and blood I will put a fresh beet in freshly made vegetable juice. Kale, carrots, parsley and half a beet. Nice, medium sweet. I like all the other things on the list.

(I did think the thread was called Calling all the Pervy eaters).

I agree it's all in the preparation. For every vegetable, there is someone out there who can prepare it in a way that I will like. I've had some pretty hatefully prepared spinach, but I like it in lasagne and even on pizza. I always thought I hated avocado until I had it with a vinaigrette dressing and now I put it in my own salads sometimes. I love cauliflower but indeed it must be al dente. If it gets soggy, it's spoiled. It's wonderful in cheese sauces and Indian dishes.

I've never tried beets, but I hate cilantro. I went to a great Mexican restaurant, and the food was fantastic, until I had the cilantro aftertaste for an hour. Had to scrub my teeth to get that taste out.

I rather like spinach, but I thought there were many more that had an aversion to it.

I love cilantro, and avocado. They just feel very fresh to me.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

A*O

There is no excuse for canned vegetables (FULL of sugar) although I confess to using chickpeas, borlotti beans, etc, because it's quicker than soaking/boiling them.

Nutty Brussels Sprouts

1lb brussels sprouts
    1/2 cup hazelnuts (a good flavour with sprouts but you could try other nuts I guess)
    6tbsps butter
    4 slices bacon
    salt & pepper

Trim the sprouts and then slice thinly in the food processor. It will look like finely shredded cabbage (because that's basically what it is!)
    Chop nuts to medium texture in food processor.
    Melt 2 tbsps butter in a medium hot skillet and saute the nuts until turning golden.
    Remove from skillet and add chopped bacon and saute until almost crispy.
    Remove from skillet, add the rest of the butter and the brussels sprouts and saute until just tender.
    Stir in the toasted hazelnuts and bacon.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

that sounds yum.

i do like canned peas and canned corn, and i use canned chick peas cause they're much easier. but any other kind of canned vegetable needs to die. disgusting ass shit. the worst are canned green beans, mushrooms, asparagus, carrots.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I oddly like canned asparagus on toast, but it truly is gross. I love canned peas and beetroot.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I oddly like canned asparagus on toast, but it truly is gross. I love canned peas and beetroot.
    I don't feel so bad now that I had canned green beans on toast just now.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    When I was in Australia, there was this chain of hamburger places called "Hungry Jack's" - they looked kind of like a Hardee's (U.S.).
    Huh. When I went to the eastern states in the mid '90s, the Hungry Jack's restaurants were called "Burger Kings" and I was told that "Burger King" was the American name; "Hungry Jack's" was a franchise name-change. Are BK and Hardee's owned by the same company?

Coriander leaves (cilantro) barely have any taste to me; vaguely tastes like watered-down basil. On the upside, I love the taste of beetroot and always have - would get purple stains all over my face and hands as a kid 'cause I was such a grot. I also prefer to eat cauliflower raw - honestly, it tastes better raw!
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information