Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: butter

If we can talk about royalty and butter we can talk about decorating and butter.

twitchy2.0 and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Different brands down under although the ubiquitous Lurpak is available. Meh. I prefer to support Aussie dairy farmers and buy local if possible. Unsalted for baking, salted on bread/toast. Very important. Oh and I sometimes get French cultured butter from Costco which is a bit pricey but delicious.
    Yeah I havenít heard of these other than Lurpac but Western Star butter is my favourite butter.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i haven't tried any of them. i think the sevre belle is the cylinder on the right?
    Yes I think so - 3rd shelf down (or up - middle shelf) on the far right side.
    czb likes this.

ok - i was inspired by the meghan markle thread in which we had a discussion about butter brands. when i was at the local market, i was looking at the butter section and there are so many kinds. so i took a pic. look at the second shelf - that has the exotic (eg, non-CA) brands. which do you suggest? thanks!
    WOW, the choice..... We have Anchor here and if we are really lucky also Lurpak. I am so jealous
    czb likes this.

czb

well, this is a local market. there is no way a grocery store like safeway would have this selection.

well, this is a local market. there is no way a grocery store like safeway would have this selection.
    I would need a plane to get a bigger selection than 2
    czb likes this.

I use Kerrygold unsalted for just about everything. Reminds me of the butter when I was a kid many, many, many years ago. Can't tell if it's one of the choices at your market, but I also love Organic Valley cultured butter or their pasture butter. It's hard to find and seasonal. I stock up and freeze a bunch when I can get it.
    Mrs P likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I'm a Kerrygold fan. Used to have it in Ireland and England. It's a bit expensive here in the states.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Land-o-Lakes Light Butter wither either Canola or Olive Oil. I also like some of the local brands. The Amish sold some at the Reading Terminal Market which I loved, but I cannot remember the name of it...maybe someone else from Phila/NJ knows?
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Land-o-Lakes Light Butter wither either Canola or Olive Oil. I also like some of the local brands. The Amish sold some at the Reading Terminal Market which I loved, but I cannot remember the name of it...maybe someone else from Phila/NJ knows?
    Out by me in the Poconos, our Amish farmer's market usually have Minerva or Amish Country Roll brands along with local family farms versions. They're like 85% butterfat so I never balk at the $14.00 a pound.
    Brookie and Novice like this.

Thanks to this thread I started really inspecting our butter selection at Publix, and I found an 85% fat butter by a brand called Vital Farms. Pricey, but just to try. I think it's nice but can't say I notice a huge difference (visually it melted a lot creamier than my usual Kerrygold) though my husband raved about it so maybe the difference is just lost on my particular palate. I also bought Plugra just to try but I haven't opened it yet.

I'm curious about cultured butter too.
    Novice likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information