Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Barilla Pasta Won't Feature Gay Families In Ads, Says Critics Can 'Eat Another Brand

Strangely, I've never seen Bertolli pasta around here. They sell the sauce, but no noodles.
    ikmccall likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ha that's a clever little ad. I love it, especially the pasta shell dog.

Default Barilla Tries To Make Good By Asking Gay People To Submit Videos Promoting Barilla Pa

Barilla Tries To Make Good By Asking Gay People To Submit Videos Promoting Barilla Pasta / Queerty

Barilla Tries To Make Good By Asking Gay People To Submit Videos Promoting Barilla Pasta

In a classic case of too little too late, Barilla has announced plans to establish a “more active, global leadership position on diversity, inclusion and social responsibility.”

In a very polished and corporate-sounding press release published Monday morning, the pasta giant promised to improve how it approaches diversity (a.k.a. gay people).

“Diversity, inclusion and equality have long been grounded in Barilla’s culture, values and code of conduct,” said Chief Executive Officer Claudio Colzani. “They are reflected in our policies and the benefits we provide to all employees, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.”

They are not, however, reflected in the company’s advertisements, as noted by chairman, Guido Barilla, back in September when he told an Italian newspaper: “I would never do an advert with a homosexual family.”

“We are committed to promoting diversity further because we firmly believe that it’s the right thing to do,” Colzani said Monday.

To prove the company is very, very sorry for the comments made by Barilla, it has announced an online contest that will be launched in 2014.

The contest will be designed to “engage people on diversity, inclusion, and equality.” Entrants from around the world will be asked to create short videos that represent the multifaceted nature of pasta, which will be submitted to the web community to be liked, shared, and voted on. The videos will be then judged by an expert panel and the winners will receive awards.

Because what better way to win over gay people than by giving them prizes?

The company also announced it has launched a Diversity and Inclusion Board, as well as appointed its first-ever Chief Diversity Officer.

“As a socially responsible company that serves and respects diverse consumers, we know we have to expand our commitment,” said Luca Virginio, Barilla’s executive director of communication and external relations. “Our goal is to do better by becoming a global corporate citizen and leader in diversity and inclusion, internally and externally.”

A global corporate citizen? Sounds like a phrase straight out of Mitt Romney’s playbook.

So there you have it, folks. Barilla has attempted to make good by creating a contest that will use gay people to make videos that promote Barilla pasta.

If that bothers you at all, just remember what Guido Barilla said back in September: “If the gays don’t like it they can go an eat another brand.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Too late fuckers! I'll make sure to let all my friends and family know to not buy Barilla products.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

An idiot born ever 2 seconds......

So I assume now we're making videos of Barilla dildos and how they are made?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Too fucking late!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Default Anti-Gay Barilla Doesn't Mind Profiting Off Gay-Friendly City

Anti-Gay Barilla Doesn't Mind Profiting Off Gay-Friendly City

Anti-Gay Barilla Doesn't Mind Profiting Off Gay-Friendly City

The Italian dried pasta company whose CEO sparked a firestorm by saying he would never feature a gay family in his advertisements has opened a restaurant in Midtown Manhattan.

The Wall Street Journal reports Academia Barilla opened up shop on 52nd Street and 6th Avenue roughly three months ago, but to minimum fanfare. The company reportedly envisions the venture as an "Italian version of Chipotle," with officials already eyeing expansion locations in Bryant Park and Herald Square.

While the multibillion-dollar company's inexpensive pasta is a familiar presence in American grocery stores, the restaurant's CEO has admitted it faces a tough challenge making a name for itself in New York City's competitive dining scene.

Another formidable challenge might be convincing New York City -- which is super, super gay -- that Barilla has learned from its public relations disaster back in September. The company's chairman, Guido Barilla, made extremely offensive anti-gay remarks during an interview on Italian radio.

"I would never do an advert with a homosexual family…if the gays don’t like it they can go an eat another brand," Barilla said. "For us the concept of the sacred family remains one of the fundamental values of the company."

Following wide condemnation from gay rights activists and a call to boycott the brand, Barilla eventually apologized.

According to Academia Barilla's site, the restaurant hopes to welcome patrons with fresh ingredients and gather "families around the table, where happiness, friendship and celebration is shared, old relationships are nurtured and new ones created, every time."

It remains to be seen if that also includes gay families.

Update:
    A Barilla spokesperson reached out to The Huffington Post with the following:

"Within one week of his remarks this past September, the Barilla chairman, Guido Barilla, made a public apology and met privately with several LGBT leaders and organizations in Italy and the U.S. to personally apologize and to listen and learn about the evolution of the family. Since then, the company continues to make strong progress towards enhancing this commitment including supporting the Tyler Clementi Foundation and appointing the company's first Chief Diversity Officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information