Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Bad Wasteful Coffee Machine for Lazy People No Longer Popular

I don't think a lot of people go to drink coffee at Starbucks as much as to order coffee-flavored shakes/fraps.

Australian coffee was okay, but I have to admit, some of the best coffee I ever had was at the Four Points Sydney hotel in Darling Harbour. It was amazing. We told the waiter how much we liked it, and he said the guy in charge of it was from El Salvador.
    lindsaywhit and Jazzy like this.

There's too much coffee consumption in my house to ever consider a single-serve machine. I've had all kinds of fancy coffee makers, but like my Hamilton Beach brew master. No glass carafe to clean/break, just brew and press your cup against the button to fill er up.

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I've never owned one, and back when I used to drink less coffee than I do now (ahem) I would just use a one-cup drip thingy that you rest on your mug and pour water from the kettle over. I've had Keurig coffee before though, and I've yet to try one that I didn't find disgusting. There are lots of less wasteful ways to brew just one or two cups at a time - french press, aeropress, the refillable cups, or the above method. And if we accidentally brew more than we can drink we freeze the rest in ice cube trays to make iced coffee with.

I can see the value of something like a Keurig for a public-facing business to have in their waiting room or something. Both our mechanic and our accountant seem to have them for clients, but it looks like they also have regular coffee pots in the lunchroom for the actual staff. My guess would be that they go through just a small handful of the cups a day.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Thank you for the beyond life-size Mr. Coffee poster, Bluebonnet!!!
    I removed it because it was frightening people.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

A*O

The best cup of coffee I ever had was in New Zealand of all places, stinky Rotorua to be precise. Don't know the nationality of the barista but he/she was fantastic. Isn't it funny how one remembers these things.

I need to investigate these strange Keurig contraptions. We don't get them here as far as I know.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Not really because good coffee is as sacred as bacon, cilantro and vodka.
    Brookie and Jazzy like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

It's odd how they can't make the coffee pods/capsules from plastic that can be recycled? .. They might have to start looking into this very quickly.

The plastic waste of these machines is horrific.

i was looking at buying a cheapo one.. but watched a review about it, and the reviewer said the major negative about the machine is the empty pods aren't recyclable .. that is what swayed me into not buying one.

Oh the dramas and dilemma's that we coffee loving consumers face.. haha

good coffee is sacred. i don't like american style (drip) coffee. it's weird and foreign to me, and not in a good way. i can do french press, stovetop espresso/moka, turkish, or a proper espresso machine, add boiling water and make an americano or long black if you want but drip coffee is just wrong. forgive me, 'murrica.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    The best cup of coffee I ever had was in New Zealand of all places, stinky Rotorua to be precise. Don't know the nationality of the barista but he/she was fantastic. Isn't it funny how one remembers these things.

I need to investigate these strange Keurig contraptions. We don't get them here as far as I know.
    not surprised. i've yet to meet a kiwi who wasn't a total coffee snob and they said it was because the coffee was so good at home and i was introduced to the flat white by a kiwi years ago and i was hooked. and it was years before i ever had another one again. and the best coffee i've ever had in new york is at a kiwi owned coffee shop.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

The good old french press/plunger style jug can make fabulous coffee.. and another bonus is the used coffee ground beans can be put in the compost bin or garden.

Bump. I threw my Keurig maching OUT - it became a roach magnet - all of a sudden roaches were in my kitchen and I didn't know where they were coming from. One day I take the Keurig's water container out to fill it up - and there are dead roaches in it!!!! I threw the thing out in my backyard and they started coming out of the machine like it was on fire. I had to spray it and I set off TWO bug bombs!!! I ended up getting a cheapie coffee maker from a discount store and guess what - no roaches - nothing. The coffee is crappy, but no bugs. Apparently roaches like the warmth that the Keurigs emanate from its electronic hardware. I swear I never had a roach problem until I got that fucking Keurig.

And here is proof: Roaches In Your Keurig? Keep Roaches Out of Your Coffee
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

The best on the run coffee I have ever had is on the coast here from Zarraffa's, it's great coffee. Here is a link in case anyone is interested in looking.

https://www.zarraffas.com
    Last edited by Jazzy; August 21st, 2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Bump. I threw my Keurig maching OUT - it became a roach magnet - all of a sudden roaches were in my kitchen and I didn't know where they were coming from. One day I take the Keurig's water container out to fill it up - and there are dead roaches in it!!!! I threw the thing out in my backyard and they started coming out of the machine like it was on fire. I had to spray it and I set off TWO bug bombs!!! I ended up getting a cheapie coffee maker from a discount store and guess what - no roaches - nothing. The coffee is crappy, but no bugs. Apparently roaches like the warmth that the Keurigs emanate from its electronic hardware. I swear I never had a roach problem until I got that fucking Keurig.

And here is proof: Roaches In Your Keurig? Keep Roaches Out of Your Coffee
    ewwwww!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Ewww is right. Not that I was considering getting one, but now I won't ever drink a cup of coffee from one, EVER.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

And I paid $99 for it four years ago! Didn't have a problem in my old apartment. Don't know why they were coming into my new house with that shit. And the coffee maker I have now cost me 20 bucks, is as rudimentary as it gets, but no bugs!!! It's like they all left town.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information