Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which bad eating habit makes you crazy?

Default Re: Which bad eating habit makes you crazy?

I so agree on all these but am a big gum chewer here not at the dinner table though! I hate it when people spit little flecks of food and you need a body shield Food in people's teeth...Any slurping or sneezing noise just ruins it for me. I knew this one girl who would stick her gum in her soda to save it for later while she drank the soda, that makes me want to vomit thinking about it. BTW, how come when ppl get older they talk with their mouths full? My parents do this now but they never did when I was a kid!
    Are you there God, it's me Margaret?

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticGirl View Post
    Is farting rude?
    Probably.
    2 years...

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticGirl View Post
    Is farting rude?
    Only if you do it with your mouth open.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Heehee.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

The worst bad eating habit is being forced to suffer through screaming uncontroled children in a restaurant. It makes the fork/knife debate and slurping seem tame by comparision.

As far as actual disgusting dining that would have to be dining companions that insist on trying your food or you trying theirs. Ick, I don't want anyone else's germs on my meal.

People who act like its been weeks since their last meal. I feel like saying "breath and chew slowly". Drives me up a wall.

I hate "gobblers" too. Who wants to watch someone shovel food in as tho it's their first and last meal?

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix View Post
    Along that same vein, there was this guy I dated a few times who would take a bite and, if it was something he REALLY liked, he closed his eyes and made this little groaning moaning sound. I think the fucker was truly having food inspired orgasms. UGH.

that bobble head on that Giarda or whatever on that TV show does it. HER HEAD IS SO FREAKING HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    The worst bad eating habit is being forced to suffer through screaming uncontroled children in a restaurant. It makes the fork/knife debate and slurping seem tame by comparision.

As far as actual disgusting dining that would have to be dining companions that insist on trying your food or you trying theirs. Ick, I don't want anyone else's germs on my meal.
    ahhaha im the opposite- my family and i try EVERYTHING and swap around- why the hell wouldnt you? my boyfriends family doesnt and it drives me up the wall. they just sit there and say "is your meal nice? good!" im like WTF!! try it!!!!

but- my family is more 'european' than typical aussie families. i dunno, i just thin its really uptight not to try the other person's meal and vice versa. epecially with family!

OK gobbling food can be gross, but I hate it too when people just talk and talk and talk and don't eat their food and it takes them 2 hours to get through their salad!
    Are you there God, it's me Margaret?

I have to agree with all of the annoying things you guys mentioned. Kinda gave me the creeps to think about some of them though! LOL!

We eat Euro style as that's how we were raised and I'm actually quite shocked at the number of people with horrible table manners in general among the eating public. Even in the Chi-chi restaurants! The worst is when the host is someone of high standing or a big shot leading the business dinner. I feel SO embarrassed for them and wonder how they made it as far as they did.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
    Miss Piggy
    US Muppet and Pig

Bronze Member

Here is one I haven't seen mentioned yet.....

When someone takes their gum out of their mouth and places it on their plate. Yuck!!! Not only is that gross enough, then they put the gum back in their mouths after eating. Discusting!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly79 View Post
    Here is one I haven't seen mentioned yet.....

When someone takes their gum out of their mouth and places it on their plate. Yuck!!! Not only is that gross enough, then they put the gum back in their mouths after eating. Discusting!!!!!!!!!!

I remember being at a friends house and I'd be given a glass of juice or something. When I reached the bottom I discovered a lovely glob of gum at the bottom. Mmm delicious.....

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    I remember being at a friends house and I'd be given a glass of juice or something. When I reached the bottom I discovered a lovely glob of gum at the bottom. Mmm delicious.....
    Oh yuck!!! You poor thing. Yeah that is another place I have seen people leave their gum they are saving for later....on the rim of their glass. Why oh Why???

Plain old basic sloppy eating bugs me, like making slurpy sounds or not wiping food from your face mid meal (I don't know how people can't feel it). Or eating too fast and then power belching because so much air was swallowed in the process (yeah dad, I'm looking at you!).
    My table manners are different in public than they are at home, like in a restaurant I'll pick bite sized pieces off a roll and make sure my arms are off the table.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information