Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which bad eating habit makes you crazy?

Default Re: Which bad eating habit makes you crazy?

Ughh, I remember years ago I had a freiend who when she was chewing her food would take a gulp of water / juice then carry on chewing the food before swallowing, it was as if she was making a mush that would be easier to swallow. At the end of her meal she'd also gargle the water in her mouth before swallowing, I imagine to dislodge any food in her teeth, it was nauseating. The worst thing was I actually believe she thought she was being discreet and no one noticed.

She also had a weird habit of chewing with her front teeth instead of her molars which made her look like a beaver. Haven't seen her in 4 years, wonder what happened to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
    Any noisy eating does my head in. And I really really hate it when people chew gum loudly then make those grotesque popping noises...arrghhh. It really gets my goat!
    Ooops I do that! hehe
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    Ooops I do that! hehe
    Me too!!
    But it's true that it's annoying for those who hear it

Ahhh...I wondered if anyone on here would be gum poppers..I don't why it gets my back up so much...it drives me maaaaad!

Chewing by opening and closing your mouth, thius making flapping noises, and I am absolutely disgusted to the point of needing to look away when someone actually sticks a finger in their mouth in front of me to pick at their teeth. GROSS! Gives me the creeps to actually type this...

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Sorry all you Americans, but watching your contortions when trying to use a knife and fork simultaneously is very funny and/or irritating. I know table manners differ on either side of the Atlantic but you make it look so awkward and complicated!

People in the US give me strange looks because I hold my knife in my left hand instead of my right and I don't switch hands to use my fork. Americans do tend to stab meat with a fork and slice with their right hand, then switch hands to use the fork. It's actually quite acceptable, though some really tight-assed people don't like it. I'm told I have "European" table manners, but that's just how I was taught to hold a knife and fork. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Hey! I'm from the US but I guess we learned how to use utensils the right way from our European ancestors (which most every US citizen has, but apparently didn't learn from). I, too, am amazed at many fellow country men and women, handling their knife and fork like they're using them for the first time in their lives.

Dude, I've seen people here eat fried chicken and french fries with a knife and fork...they're so WEIRD.

It depends if you use your fork as a shovel or as a means to put food in your mouth in a seemly fashion. Most Americans I know treat their cutlery like weapons - holding the fork like a dagger and STABBING their meat, then furiously hacking away at it with the knife before putting the knife down, swapping the fork into the other hand - why make it so bloody complicated? I know several young kids who have NO IDEA how to hold or even use a knife and fork because they live on fast food which is usually hand-held.

There's even an old snob test in the UK which says that if you hold your knife like a pencil you are 'lower class'. But at least Europeans can hold and use a knife and fork simultaneously LOL

How long has it been since you've visited the UK, AO? Kids here are being raised on fast and 'finger' foods too, and I've seen some pretty fucking appalling table manners right here in old Blighty. Y'all can be real pigs in restaurants.

Eating shit that pisses me off:

* Gum. Anytime, anywhere. Chewing gum is disgusting.

* Chomping/sucking on ice. Unless you're in labor, there is no excuse for it.

* Slurping. Wait for the coffee or soup to cool down, THEN drink/eat it.

* Putting the spoon in your mouth after you've stirred milk/sugar/honey into your coffee or tea. It's disgusting and chavvy.

* Tipping a cup upside down to get those last few drops and getting a face full of ice. You DESERVE it! Let those few drops go.

* Smacking when eating. CLOSE. YOUR. FUCKING. MOUTH.

* Eating foods with your hands that weren't meant to be eaten with your hands, like steak, spaghetti, rice, etc.

* Eating foods with a knife and fork that are meant to be eaten with your hands, like french fries, sandwiches, fried chicken, etc. Pizza is a grey area; when it's fresh from the pizzeria I use my hands but if it's reheated, I use a fork. Weird.

* Not knowing how to guide peas or rice onto your fork with your knife. It drives me nuts watching people chase peas around their plates.

* Licking the ice cream bowl. That is NASTY. Fine if you're all alone but if you're in public, I don't want to see your nasty-ass TONGUE all over the bowl.

Please don't multiple post http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4685
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; November 21st, 2005 at 01:21 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

when people like certain relatives I have and a friend of mine gorge on food! I hate gluttony, its offensive and they're like the type who orders everytime whether they're hungry or not an appetizer, a huge drink, an entree, and desert and finish it all and they usually eat like this till their gut hurts, which is terrible for your insides and leads to all types of cancers...I just don't get people, w/ all the education out there, how people still stuff their faces and eat certain kinds of food in excess. Kinda like people who still smoke! *shakes head* but I find anything in excess offensive I guess.

Elite Member

I've got a question.

May I ask how you're supposed to HOLD the utensils? A few here have gone into detail describing the incorrect placement of fingers. Picked up a spoon and found it uncomfortable to my little digits to hold it any other way than pencil-style?

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    * Eating foods with your hands that weren't meant to be eaten with your hands, like steak, spaghetti, rice, etc.

* Licking the ice cream bowl. That is NASTY. Fine if you're all alone but if you're in public, I don't want to see your nasty-ass TONGUE all over the bowl.
    Who does that?!?
    2 years...

* Smacking when eating. CLOSE. YOUR. FUCKING. MOUTH.
    This is more than I can take. If a child does it, I will dislike the child. Not fair, but that's what happens. I can't take it. Listening to it is like being poked with needles.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    Who does that?!?
    LOL...enough people!

A*O

Right

WRONG!!! (Ignore the name on the place card LOL) That woman looks like she's crippled with arthritis, but at least she's not holding her knife like a dagger which I've seen many times.

And after you have cut your food and/or placed it on your fork in your left hand, just put the fork in your mouth and eat. There is absolutely NO need to swap hands.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

It drives me bananas when people scrape the fork or spoon against their teeth!!!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood". --Oscar Wilde

Lil

There's even an old snob test in the UK which says that if you hold your knife like a pencil you are 'lower class'.
    It is terribly non-U!

A few more that annoy me.

• Putting your knife in your mouth. There is no reason to do that, ever.
    • Talking with gum in your mouth so I can see the gum, even if you have wedged it against your back teeth where you think I won't notice it.
    • Re-dipping into shared dip. Once you've bitten the food, DO NOT dip it again.
    • This one is a bit picky and only applies in resturants. If you have bread on your side plate, put a lump of butter on to your side plate, break a small piece of break off with your fingers, butter it from the butter on your plate, and eat it. Repeat as required. Don't butter the entire roll and bite it.
    • Don't dip a buttery knife in the jam or a jammy knife in the butter.
    • I hate it when I am eating something someone I am with dislikes and they feel compelled to tell me how vile they think shrimps/pate/goat's cheese/liver is. Nobody's asking you to eat it, shut up, it's rude.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
    Ahhh...I wondered if anyone on here would be gum poppers..I don't why it gets my back up so much...it drives me maaaaad!
    Hey Mofo

Hahaha
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information