Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Appetite grows for free hotel breakfasts

^^^
    ha! i usually travel very cheap - backpack and hostels. you might regret your choice!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    ha! i usually travel very cheap - backpack and hostels. you might regret your choice!
    Let's see....
    not a lot of money, check!
    my entire wardrobe of travel clothes will fit in a backpack, check!
    loves foreign beer, check!
    totally can hang just about anywhere, check!
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

I think back on my Euro travels and while I did love the Parisian croissant and cafe au lait, I still prefer Vegas. The Bellagio champagne breakfast in particular. All the buffets and free drinks really speak to my fat, drunk American ass!

In terms of free hotel breakfasts, the best I've ever had was in a Homewood Suites (I think) in Florida. I was traveling to Tallahassee for business and they had a full breakfast bar: eggs done several ways, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, shitload of pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc.

^^I'm telling you, the Homewood Suites that we stayed in was AWESOME for breakfast, couldn't believe it. Had zero expectations, but they really went above and beyond. They also offer free dinner (only during the week) and even THAT was good. Not to mention the hotel wasn't that expensive to begin with....a great deal when you really look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^I'm telling you, the Homewood Suites that we stayed in was AWESOME for breakfast, couldn't believe it. Had zero expectations, but they really went above and beyond. They also offer free dinner (only during the week) and even THAT was good. Not to mention the hotel wasn't that expensive to begin with....a great deal when you really look at it.
    is Homewood a right coast kind of hotel? It sounds lovely, and I wish they had one near Disneyland so when we go next month, we have a different place to stay.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I think back on my Euro travels and while I did love the Parisian croissant and cafe au lait, I still prefer Vegas. The Bellagio champagne breakfast in particular. All the buffets and free drinks really speak to my fat, drunk American ass!

In terms of free hotel breakfasts, the best I've ever had was in a Homewood Suites (I think) in Florida. I was traveling to Tallahassee for business and they had a full breakfast bar: eggs done several ways, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, shitload of pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc.
    I love the breakfast buffet at the Bellagio! It's so yummy. We usually go mid afternoon and get all the goods. The crab legs are so good.

Also, the Rio has a pretty good buffet from what I remember. It's set up like a food court at the mall. Different counters serving up all different kinds of food. Good food, too.

Come to think of it, Vegas has some of the best food.

Damn Sput, you get around. Travel slut.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I love the breakfast buffet at the Bellagio! It's so yummy. We usually go mid afternoon and get all the goods. The crab legs are so good.

Also, the Rio has a pretty good buffet from what I remember. It's set up like a food court at the mall. Different counters serving up all different kinds of food. Good food, too.

Come to think of it, Vegas has some of the best food.
    Oh yeah, I've had the Rio buffet too! It's the biggest one I've seen and the food is good quality too. I positively waddled out of that place.

Dammit, I was just in New Orleans last week and the hotel I stayed in had the NERVE and fucking audacity to charge $7 for a breakfast buffet. They didn't even put the food in proper chafing dishes, so the food was lukewarm at best. Sausages, eggs, bacon, grits, pancakes, biscuits, etc. When done right, this type of food is sooo good, but those morons that run that hotel must not know any better. And this is in a city that is renowned for its cuisine, WTF?! They couldn't even make a crawfish omelette in that place? Bastards...

Those Vegas Buffets are sounding mighty hella good right about now...
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Damn Sput, you get around. Travel slut.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Dammit, I was just in New Orleans last week and the hotel I stayed in had the NERVE and fucking audacity to charge $7 for a breakfast buffet. They didn't even put the food in proper chafing dishes, so the food was lukewarm at best. Sausages, eggs, bacon, grits, pancakes, biscuits, etc. When done right, this type of food is sooo good, but those morons that run that hotel must not know any better. And this is in a city that is renowned for its cuisine, WTF?! They couldn't even make a crawfish omelette in that place? Bastards...

Those Vegas Buffets are sounding mighty hella good right about now...
    OMG-in New Orleans the best place to go is Commander's Palace. Lord have mercy. The Bloody Marys are sent straight from heaven. The Eggs Couchon De Lait fabulous. Lawd, that place is to die for.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    is Homewood a right coast kind of hotel? It sounds lovely, and I wish they had one near Disneyland so when we go next month, we have a different place to stay.
    Hmmm..good question. It's part of the Hilton family (which PAINS me), but its really a GREAT deal. Disney is in Anaheim right??
    Found this, not sure it would help you, but take a look! There are Homewood's on the West Coast.

Search Results

MsDeb, I just dropped hubby off for a nerd conference at Anaheim right on the Disney strip and I saw a Homewood Suites. Checked online, they go for about $116/night on weekends with advance purchase.

yeah thats a bit outside of our price range (even though we have annual passes for Dland, its still gonna cost some $$). But, i'm seriously considering it, because the ones by Disney are all noisy child infested. Whenever we've stayed in one of the nearby hotels, right across from the main entrance, kids run amok.

found one on your link Lynnie, i believe its the same one that Beeyotch gave me. Roughly the same price.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I usually book my hotels through Kayak.com or Hotels.com. They're pretty good about getting decent prices.

I used to book a lot with Hotwire.com, they usually booked me in an Extended Stay Suites quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OMG-in New Orleans the best place to go is Commander's Palace. Lord have mercy. The Bloody Marys are sent straight from heaven. The Eggs Couchon De Lait fabulous. Lawd, that place is to die for.

STOP! LOL. You're going to make me go back down there again!

I did find a great local restaurant out on the Westbank (Suburbs across the river from Downtown NO). They had these great Voodoo Crawfish Rolls. So.damn.GOOD.

One thing I learned about New Orleans from my travels there is that some of the most unsuspecting places have the most awesome food. I don't even bother eating in the French Quarter anymore.

McJag, next time I go to Dallas, there are a couple of places I need to check out for Breakfast Tacos and Brisket tacos. I did go to Buzzbrews last time I was there. I guess that's where everyone goes after a night out, because people in there were DRUNK as hell, LOL.
    Last edited by Tati; October 24th, 2010 at 09:34 AM.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information