Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird burgers

fgg

Default Weird burgers

The World's Weirdest Burgers

At the burger blog A Hamburger Today, we have come across some pretty wacked-out burgers. Here are 10 of our favorites. And by favorite we mean, may never actually eat them because we're scared.

1. Nut Burger: Famous at Matt's Place in Butte, Montana, the nut burger involves a layer of coarsely ground peanuts mixed with mayo. It's kind of like a peanut butter sundae just hanging out on top of a patty.

2. BadaBoomz Donut Burger: A bacon cheeseburger on a glazed donut "bun" available at the BadaBoomz Ale House and Grill in Indianapolis, Indiana. Save time by combining your favorite breakfast and lunch! And feel awesome/nauseous after!

3. Megadeath Burger: For health reasons, you have to be over 18 to order this, and can't have heart problems, anxiety, or asthma. Available at Wall Diner in Wellington Point, Australia, the "world's hottest hamburger" contains chili jam, chili powder, jalapenos, and habaņerosauce -- all in quantities any sane person would not voluntarily eat.

4. Venezuelan "La Diabla" Burger: No wonder it's translated as "the devilish." Sold from a street cart in Caracas, Venezuela, this one layers: ketchup, mayo, mustard, onions, cabbage, shoestring potatoes, more ketchup, mayo and mustard, avocado, tomato, burger patty, chorizo, chicken, eggs and bacon, and a mountain of shredded Roquefort cheese.

5. Parisian Pizza Burger: The name might be confusing, but it's not a burger-topped pizza or a burger made with pizza toppings. (Both natural conclusions.) It's a burger with mini-pizzas for buns available at Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet at Disneyland Paris.

6. Jucy Lucy: Seven ounces of burger with a molten core of cheesy ooze. That would be American cheese ooze, because "only those orange squares of vaguely plastic texture will achieve proper fluidity," as burger writer John T. Edge put it. The alleged home of the J-Luce is Matt's Bar in Minneapolis.

7. Cheeseburger in a Can: Have you ever thought about how perfectly can-shaped a burger is? Or burger-shaped a can is? This product is marketed to German campers.

8. Scottish Deep-Fried Cheeseburger: Because the Scots have been known to fry anything (candy bars, pizza, etc.) two discs of frozen meat with processed cheese get deep-fried. No bun involved because what nutritional value do buns really offer?

9. Bacon Cheeseburger, Literally: It might look fairly ordinary, but this patty is not made of ground chuck or sirloin -- or any kind of ground beef. Ground bacon, kids. Throw on some slices of pepper Jack cheese for good measure.

10. Fatty Melt: This was a DIY project by a curious Serious Eats editor in the food website's Manhattan office. It's a burger with two grilled cheeses for buns. Yes, you read that correctly. Now go forth and make one.

The fatty melt sounds really good, it's the only one I would eat out of all of those.

Most look fairly gross with extra disgusting points to the peanut and mayo concoction and the Scottish deep fried number.

This isn't the first time I've seen a donut hamburger and I can't see the appeal. I'm morbidly curious (pun intended) what it would taste like, tho.

Not much of a meat eater, but I'd sample the fatty melt, the donut concoction and deep fried cheeseburger when in junk food mode. The rest are decidedly unappealing.

The Chesseburger In a Can looks like pure ass. Bleh

Oh,gag.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'd have to try the bacon cheeseburger.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I saw this and thought of Britney. Mah burgers hangin' out!

Seriously, though, one of the best burgers I have ever had was from a little tiny burger van parked on the side of a back road. One of those places that looks like like it'll give you salmonella from even reading the menu, but damn! It was goooood!

Oh that last one looks greasy nasty I hate fried anything especially hamburger.

I'll take a Juicy Lucy and Fatty Melt to go please!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I can confess that I have eaten one of these. It's actually not as bad as it looks, although still mega gross. My cousin and I once shared a deep-fried mars bar too, that was far grosser than the cheeseburger.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I would eat the deep fried one. I've had a hamburger with peanut butter on it as well, and it was good.

fgg

i don't eat meat but if i did, i'd try all of them except the super spicy one. the thought of super gluttonous food doesn't gross me out. i wouldn't eat the whole thing but there's nothing wrong with a little bite.

Id take a fatty melt, like right now.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I'm getting stomach cramps just thinking about these vile burgers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information