Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Dry Green Tea Ginger Ale - crack in liquid form

Talking Canada Dry Green Tea Ginger Ale - crack in liquid form

There's a new name contending for the crown in the never-ending quest to find the perfect thirst-quenching summer beverage: Canada Dry's Green Tea Ginger Ale.

What I thought at first to be a passing fling is quickly becoming one of my favourite drinks -- period.

I was already a big fan of Canada Dry Ginger Ale (step aside, Schweppes -- or whatever your name is). No other ginger ale combines just the right amount of ginger tartness and sparkly bubbliness the way Canada Dry does.

Isn't that why the brand is famous around the world, and why it's actually recognized as one of our unofficial national symbols?

I have to admit that, even though I'm a cynical type, the idea of incorporating green tea into the mix didn't seem so half-baked to me.

Tea and spice usually go hand-in-hand (just look at all the varieties of tea available at your local supermarket), so blending green tea and ginger seemed to make sense. It has a very "zen" ring to it, doesn't it?

I could go on and on about the virtues of green tea and why ginger ale is awesome, but the simple fact is that this beverage tastes incredibly good.

The ginger aroma is much less present than in regular Canada Dry, leaving the sweet and flavourful green tea to dominate. It's incredibly refreshing to boot, and it almost doesn't feel like regular pop.

And in more than one way, it isn't.

See, one thing we noticed while stocking up on the stuff at the grocery store is that it doesn't come in your regular two-litre bottles or your trusty 12-can packs.

Instead, the bottles are sold only in 1.5-litre form, while the packs of cans contain 10 units rather than 12.

What's the deal?

You're charging me the same price as the bigger formats, but you're giving me less? What is this? Coke C2 all over again?

Oh, who am I kidding? I can't stay mad at my green tea ginger ale. It's so soothing it makes me forget it's a wee tiny bit of a rip-off.

So go ahead: pour yourself a tall, ice-filled glass of the stuff and just let your worries float away.

media.canada.com
    a friend turned me on to this stuff, and it was love at first taste. It's seriously awesome.

I've gotten all my American friends hooked on it too, they just started selling in the US.. they used to buy cases of it up here and drive back with them LOL

Seriously, give it a try. It's light, not at all overbearing, with just the right hint of green tea.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I had this a few times... It's good liquid crack, I'm still addicted to the bad liquid crack that is Mountain Dew!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

That shit is radioactive looking SWILL in comparison!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I love it,truly! Am having some right this minute!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'll have to give it a try. *puts on list*
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

oh man that sounds good!!! can't wait to taste it.
    i love plain old ginger ale as it is (has to be canada dry though), and i love green tea so i am pretty sure i would love this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I lurve ginger ale myself, but this shit is like.. ginger ale times 1000 in fantasticness.

It's seriously cruise control for awesome.

It's so, so, so good. Srsly.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

When I was pregnant, a lot of the moms on my pregnancy board swore by this stuff for morning sickness. I never could find it. I will be looking again. I love green tea, and I love ginger ale, so I am sure this will be awesome.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

It's not very widespread in the states at all.. my friends had never heard of it till they visited.

Well shit, you may just have to send me some...tempting me so...
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

fgg

does it come in diet?

I have never tried ginger ale, but I may have to, since Grimm is making it sound like a positively orgasmic experience...

^ That's my question too. I love ginger ale

It does not come in diet, good god no. How inappropriate

warning: drinking a whole large bottle is the equivalent of like.. 2 snickers bars worth of sugar

Oddly, it doesn't taste THAT sweet.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information