Thread: Funniest/strangest dinner party mayhem

Default Funniest/strangest dinner party mayhem

I have a couple. I was about one month into a new relationship and for some crazed reason I volunteered to cook a fancy meal for this guy's best friend and his wife. I knew they were snobs, kind of like my new bf, but I did it anyway. Things were going quite well. I had just served the main course and we were about to tuck in when the dining room ceiling start disintegrating. Bits of plaster, etc. were coming down fast and furious. We'd all just stood up and moved away from the table when water started pouring down. Turns out my idiotic upstairs neighbour had left the tub running!

Dinner was over, and so was that relationship. He had absolutely NO sense of humour so good riddance.

Another time was a bit more convivial, although I didn't know one of the couples. They were friends of friends. We were sitting around at the table before dessert talking and drinking wine when my Siamese cat came bounding in looking very pleased with himself. The woman I didn't know coaxed him over -- he wasn't that friendly to strangers -- only to discover a bloody tampon hanging from his chops! I know...I discovered too late that this particular cat had a thing for garbage and tampons.

There was a bit of shocked silence then I started laughing and everybody joined in except for this woman who turned into a total pill. She and hubby left shortly afterward. I've dined out on this story for years, and I get mixed reactions to it to say the least!

Default Re: Funniest/strangest dinner party mayhem

So no one here has ever given a dinner party where something strange or funny has happened? C'mon! We wanna know!

I'll share.

I didn't think this was funny at the time, but now I can laugh about it. A few years ago I gave a dinner for a few friends, male and female. We were all single at the time, so everyone was to bring a date. One guy friend of mine brought a girl that he worked with and she'd liked him for a long time.

Before the dinner she'd apparently taken some over the counter medicine for an allergy problem she was having. I served wine at dinner and since I didn't know she was jacked up on meds, I served her some. I don't know if this is a common reaction, but she became obnoxious and hostile. She went on like a 10 minute rant that ended with her calling another female guest a 'well known whore'.

It was by far one of the most awkward moments of my life.

I avoid dinner parties and things of that nature like the plague, so I have nothing to add. :/ I do enjoy reading about them, though, and reminding myself why I stay away.

Thread Information