Thread: Andrew Zimmerman

Default Andrew Zimmerman

What does everyone think of him, and do you like the show? I wonder if he really enjoys eating some of the spoiled, raw, or live things that he eats.

dont know who it is.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

He is a food critic on the travel channel. Bizarre foods With Andrew Zimmerman. Could not post a pic to show.

I sometimes wonder if he's being completely sincere about the disgusting shit he eats. Sometimes I wonder if he just simply likes being known as The Guy Who Eats Disgusting Shit and is willing to go the extra mile for the attention.

But seriously, the most stupid, mundane things will set off his "too gross to eat" comments. Like once he made a huge deal about how Spanish Orchata was so gross he'd never drink it again. It's a white watery "milk" made from a nut or plant, I've had it and while it's a bit bitter and not my cup of tea either, it is certainly not anywhere near as offensive as testicles/brains/entrails/rodents/other stinky-ass crap he eats on his show.

So yeah, I think he's a little full of shit. Probably literally too, given what he eats...

Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods is pretty cool, I enjoy watching him more than Tony Bourdain.

I'm not sure if he enjoys everything he eats but I do give him props for trying different things. It does seem like he enjoys eating organ meats, and insects too, both of which I would never want to eat.

The nastiest thing I've seen him eat is that weird slimy thing he ate out of a bottle in Samoa. It made me want to hurl.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I sometimes wonder if he's being completely sincere about the disgusting shit he eats. Sometimes I wonder if he just simply likes being known as The Guy Who Eats Disgusting Shit and is willing to go the extra mile for the attention.

But seriously, the most stupid, mundane things will set off his "too gross to eat" comments. Like once he made a huge deal about how Spanish Orchata was so gross he'd never drink it again. It's a white watery "milk" made from a nut or plant, I've had it and while it's a bit bitter and not my cup of tea either, it is certainly not anywhere near as offensive as testicles/brains/entrails/rodents/other stinky-ass crap he eats on his show.

So yeah, I think he's a little full of shit. Probably literally too, given what he eats...

Yea I saw that, I wonder if spanish orchata is any different from the Mexican horchata I drink and LOVE, that they serve in 7/11 and Mexican restaurants/groceries. That stuff is tasty. He also dislikes durian a lot. But considering some of the nasty stuff he eats, it's like, horchata???
    Last edited by Tati; December 15th, 2008 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swwave View Post
    He is a food critic on the travel channel. Bizarre foods With Andrew Zimmerman. Could not post a pic to show.
    oh okay, now i know who it is.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Yea I saw that, I wonder if spanish orchata is any different from the Mexican horchata I drink and LOVE, that they serve in 7/11 and Mexican restaurants/groceries. That stuff is tasty. He also dislikes durian a lot. But considering some of the nasty stuff he eats, it's like, horchata???
    No, it's NOT the same as Mexican Horchata, totally different. Mexican version is made from rice, basically a sweet rice milk, some people put cinnamon or similar spices in it. In Spain it's made from the chufa nut (tiger nut I think?) and it tastes bitter, almost like grass or some other bitter plant. But they love it and it's just an acquired taste I suppose, though not as nasty as the stuff he tries on the show. He sort of lost credibility with me after I saw the show where it grossed him out, he was making faces and everything and I had the same reaction: "Really???" I can't take anything he says seriously now.

I think this guy is disgusting.

Ha, I love this show to bits, never miss it. Andrew cracks me up because he always looks so out of place, and so, well, femme? He's always dressed in neon or pastels and shit. The thing I can't stand about him though is how he pronounces "culinary", like "kewlinary". For some reason that bugs the hell outta me.
    "Bigfoot may well be an extraterrestrial because- remember Chewbacca?" - George Noory

No, it's NOT the same as Mexican Horchata, totally different. Mexican version is made from rice, basically a sweet rice milk, some people put cinnamon or similar spices in it. In Spain it's made from the chufa nut (tiger nut I think?) and it tastes bitter, almost like grass or some other bitter plant. But they love it and it's just an acquired taste I suppose, though not as nasty as the stuff he tries on the show. He sort of lost credibility with me after I saw the show where it grossed him out, he was making faces and everything and I had the same reaction: "Really???" I can't take anything he says seriously now.
    OK, that does sound disgusting.

So would you rather eat some bitter plant juice or fried testicle, kidney and brain surprise? Which is most likely to gross you out?

So would you rather eat some bitter plant juice or fried testicle, kidney and brain surprise? Which is most likely to gross you out?
    It's funny, I despise organ meats, but the more I watch him the more I'm intrigued by it. I never tried brain, kidney, or ball sack but he does seem to make it seem tasty.

Andrew is a rather strange person, the durian fruit really makes him gag but he has no problems eating insects and brains.

I would rather eat durian or drink that orchata stuff though.

Thread Information