Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What dinner did you wreck, and how?

Elite Member

Default What dinner did you wreck, and how?

Yesterday I spent the afternoon making chili and rice. When it came to serving I dished it out and grabbed the grated cheese from the fridge and sprinked it over the dinners. We sat down and my daughter freaked - the cheese was covered in mold. Melting mold! We all tried to pick it off, and I tried to convince them mold is just like mushrooms, but no-one was buying - finally, we all had sandwiches. It's been a while since I screwed up supper that badly.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

OMG that is horribly funny.

The first time I made mole I completely fucked it up. It ended up burnt paste in the pan; ended up at House of Pies for dinner.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

I have to ask - What the heck is House of Pies? We don't have them in Canada.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I attempted to make porkchops in the Crock-pot one day before I left for work. I put extra sauce in there, and put the setting on war even. I came home to a disaster. The porkchops were like hockey pucks, and the sauce cooked itself WAY down. It was so bad, that my dog who eats everything, even refused it.

House of Pies is a 24 hour diner that sells alot of different kinds of pies.

Maybe you crock pot was on the fritz? I've always been scared to set one and leave.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I attempted to make porkchops in the Crock-pot one day before I left for work. I put extra sauce in there, and put the setting on war even. I came home to a disaster. The porkchops were like hockey pucks, and the sauce cooked itself WAY down. It was so bad, that my dog who eats everything, even refused it.
    That's bad, lol.

Holy heck, I'd never eat that meal again! Or it would at least take me awhile to... I'd keep seeing the cheese in my head.

I am notorious for burning the mince when making spaghetti. It smells awful and tastes awful too. I thought I could get away with once by putting in lots of sauce.. haha, didn't work.

i burnt down a kitchen a week after we got married. i put oil in a pan to make popcorn, turned the fire on, and forgot about it. i went to clean the bathroom (something i NEVER do) and next thing i hear is my 8 yr old screaming FIRE FIRE.
    *bowing*

let me preface this by saying i do NOT cook...once i tried to make chicken fried steak. i put in 1 cup of salt. yeah i know it was supposed to be one teaspoon. lmfao no one would eat it. those two incidents got me banned from the kitchen. oh wait, and i microwaved a hotdog. it exploded.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i burnt down a kitchen a week after we got married. i put oil in a pan to make popcorn, turned the fire on, and forgot about it. i went to clean the bathroom (something i NEVER do) and next thing i hear is my 8 yr old screaming FIRE FIRE.
    *bowing*

let me preface this by saying i do NOT cook...once i tried to make chicken fried steak. i put in 1 cup of salt. yeah i know it was supposed to be one teaspoon. lmfao no one would eat it. those two incidents got me banned from the kitchen. oh wait, and i microwaved a hotdog. it exploded.
    I think you did it on purpose so as to be banned; which I think is pure genius!

Elite Member

Exploding hot dogs, lol. I gave a birthday party for 12 kids once and couldn't fit all the hot dogs in the frying pan so arranged them on a grill and put them in the oven - they blew up to like 4 times the original size, splitting open and looking really really weird - I told the kids they were hot dogs from outer space and they laughed the little darlings and ate the hot dogs - I had to make more.
    Last edited by Chimera; November 26th, 2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added a story

Where is McJag? I believe she belongs in this thread
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Blabbermouth! With a memory like a hawk!
    Ok. Pinklilycat, a British poster and a double agent, knew I longed to taste Yorkshire Pudding. She gave me her recipe. I made it faithfully. You have to put it in a hot oven and I MIGHT have made it a teensy bit hotter. Shortly,black smoke started coming out of said oven. The fire detectors went off all over the house. Dogs were barking and running hither & yon. The parrot started screaming. Anxiety was high as I finally smothered it,with one pot holder also flaming. I thought about saying it was the French Flambe version,but it was hopeless. Pinklilycat was -now I have no proof of this-a Double O agent who managed a terrorist attack right here in Texas. She shortly quit posting-probably on assignment elsewhere. She will be back one day and I urge all of you to be careful of her recipes. Possibly run them by Novice to see if she can spot potential fire hazzards.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    ^^
    Hussy! I'll have you know my Mother says my iced tea is always so clear she doesn't know how I do it and my sister says the jelly labels I make for their jellies are second to none!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Blabbermouth! With a memory like a hawk!
    Ok. Pinklilycat, a British poster and a double agent, knew I longed to taste Yorkshire Pudding. She gave me her recipe. I made it faithfully. You have to put it in a hot oven and I MIGHT have made it a teensy bit hotter. Shortly,black smoke started coming out of said oven. The fire detectors went off all over the house. Dogs were barking and running hither & yon. The parrot started screaming. Anxiety was high as I finally smothered it,with one pot holder also flaming. I thought about saying it was the French Flambe version,but it was hopeless. Pinklilycat was -now I have no proof of this-a Double O agent who managed a terrorist attack right here in Texas. She shortly quit posting-probably on assignment elsewhere. She will be back one day and I urge all of you to be careful of her recipes. Possibly run them by Novice to see if she can spot potential fire hazzards.
    Great story!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information