Thread: Need help - roaster oven question

Default Need help - roaster oven question

Has/does anyone used a counter-top, plug in roasting oven? I have been thinking of getting one cause when I cook big family dinners, I run out of room in the regular oven for all the rest of the food I have to cook cause of the huge turkey.

If you have used one, does it brown the skin and what not? Essentially, does it come out like it would if I cooked it in a regular oven?

Thanks for your responses!

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, so Mods - please move if necessary.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

You mean like a toaster oven? Years ago when my oven was broken that's all I had to cook with and it worked fine. Cooks about the same, but on a much smaller scale of course.

It'd probably really come in handy for you when you're cooking those extra big meals.

I was thinking of getting another one myself. My neighbors have theirs set up in their garage so they can bake things in the summer instead of heating up the whole house with their big oven.

I use a roaster alot!!! I entertain regulary and I can cook large amounts. You can cooke everything from baked beans to a 15lb turkey and yes it will brown very nicely. You cant boil things in it but almost everything you can cook in the oven you can do in a roaster and it tastes wonderful. I would recommend one highly!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I have one too. use for roasts, ham, turkey, etc. If you have a lot of people, you can also keep mashed potatoes in it. It's one of the best things I've ever bought.

I have one and my mother does, too. She always cooks the turkey in it for Thanksgiving, but she puts it in the bag, so it doesn't brown up that good.
    I really enjoy mine, I've had it for years and have cooked just about anything you can think of in it.

Target has this one on sale for $25; does anyone know if the Hamilto Beach one is any good?:

Target Weekly Ad: Best deals at Target stores now.

I have had their coffee maker & toaster. Both were very good.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hamilton beach is great! I have a digital one and no problem. Just be careful with the wings of the turkey. If it is a big bird they will touch the sides and get very brown, but you dont eat the tips of them anyway. I have actually put a large turkey in the night before on a lower temp and cooked it longer. Worked great!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Zee

I used mine alot as well. Turkey comes out very moist but the skin does not brown.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Mine browns, and yes very moist
    Rip Mom

Thanks everyone! I bought one last weekend and am going to try it out tonight on a chicken to make sure it does what I want. Hope it does cause it would save me a ton of problems on Turkey day, what with having to move everything around in the oven.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Thread Information