Thread: Melon that tastes like lemon

Default Melon that tastes like lemon

The 'zesty' melon will be on sale at Tesco stores for 1.99 each Photo: PA

The fruit resembles the honeydew variety but has the "zesty, fresh" taste of a lemon, according to Tesco.
    It is grown in Spain and is the product of 12 years of trials, the retailer said.
    It has 700/800mg of citric acid per 100g - almost twice that of a standard melon - and a pH level of 4.5 compared with 6.5 for a standard melon.
    "Melons were for a long time considered a really exotic treat, but the arrival here in recent years of weird and wonderful produce such as dragon fruit, lychees and papaya has made them mainstream to many people," said Tesco melon buyer Paul Cunningham..
    "Now at last there is a new variety which we think will help excite the market. We believe that they will become the culinary hit of the summer once people have tasted them.
    "The lemon melon causes a great reaction when people first try them because the last thing you expect from a smooth-textured melon is a tangy aftertaste."
    He added: "The lemon melon tastes great chilled as either a starter served with prawns or as a dessert."
    The UK melon market is valued at 125 million a year, according to retail analyst TNS.
    The melon will be on sale at Tesco stores for 1.99 each.

Melon that tastes like lemon to go on sale at Tesco - Telegraph

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I've seen this fruit called "Grapple" at grocery stores. Apples that taste like grapes. I read the label on the case and it's laced with artificial grape flavour.

Hope this lemon melon naturally tastes like lemon and not like the fraud that is Grapple.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That's horrible, fruit laced with artificial flavor. What's the point in eating fresh fruit then?

Melons are interesting. Did you know that if you plant melons and squash too close they will cross polinate creating some undesirable tastes in the case of the melons?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I've seen this fruit called "Grapple" at grocery stores. Apples that taste like grapes. I read the label on the case and it's laced with artificial grape flavour.

Hope this lemon melon naturally tastes like lemon and not like the fraud that is Grapple.
    I had one of those. Someone at my old job gave me one. I thought they were so delicious and a freak of nature...until I went to the store and read that they had artificial flavor and they cost $4 for 4!!!

No thanks, I'll just have a regular apple.

Thread Information