Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayonnaise pet peeve

Default Mayonnaise pet peeve

I don't mind mayonnaise, although I tend to avoid the full-fat kind. But what's the deal with people, especially food servers, piling it on everything? If you say no mayo, they spread it especially thick! Sometimes they'll say "we don't use much" and it's still a half-inch thick. Then I either have to scrape it off and create a mess, or eat it.

And why is it that hot mustard, or even Dijon, is getting hard to find? Just wondering....

Default Re: Mayonnaise pet peeve

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    If you say no mayo, they spread it especially thick! Sometimes they'll say "we don't use much" and it's still a half-inch thick.
    In either of these situations I would have to throw a fit-especially if you say "no mayo' and they pile it on? what part of "no mayo" do they not understand, the tards! You would be perfectly justified in opening up a sandwich and wiping the mayo off-on the server!

^Please only do that if we are there to watch and laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    In either of these situations I would have to throw a fit-especially if you say "no mayo' and they pile it on? what part of "no mayo" do they not understand, the tards! You would be perfectly justified in opening up a sandwich and wiping the mayo off-on the server!
    It's like saying "no onions" and all they hear is onions and pile 'em on!

SVZ

eew i wouldn't trust "restaurant" mayo anyways hehehe

I absolutely love mayo. But sometimes waiters put it on way too thick like you said, but I think it evens out when you have thick bread.

i absolutely hate the stuff but my mate loves it, she eats it with everthin! we go out and shes like 'wheres the mayo, wheres the mayo??' a few yrs ago nothin came with mayo now you go to a restaurant and its like;

beef burger (with mayo)
    Chicken wrap (with mayo)

whats the deal with that?? i always have to say can i have it without mayo an i get looked at like i have two heads!!, everyones like what?? no mayo??

YES NO MAYONNAISE PLEASE!! YOU HEARD ME RIGHT! IT TASTES LIKE SHITE AND I DONT WANT IT SMOTHERED OVER EVERY INCH OF MY MEAL THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

i went to a wetherspoons once and ordered a southern fried chicken wrap with chips and salad and surprise surprise on the menu it came with mayo so i asked for it to come without. it came and there was no mayo on the wrap but some bright spark in the kitchen drizzled it all over my chips and salad??? so i took it back and told the lady and i said 'i dont eat mayo thats why i asked for it without so why has someone put it on my chips and salad instead?' an she goes 'oh thats not mayo its just a mayo dressing' WTF? so its mayo then isnt it! 'why would i get it without if i ate the stuff?!' i flipped my lid there grr!!

I hate mayo!! The only thing I'll admit to using it in is tuna salad. Otherwise I hate it. I have a friend who dips her french fries in it....ugh!

I like going to Subway or Quiznos or Blimpie (they make the subs right in front of you), and I have learned to ask for mayo on the side. Cuz I like mayo on my sandwich, but just a bit! They say, 'Mayo?', you nod, they take thier mayo bottle and squeeze!!!! They make a mountain of it! I cringe, probably visibly. I have to scrape most of it off when I sit down. Whenever I use mayo it's VERY sparingly.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

[quote=pacific breeze]I don't mind mayonnaise, although I tend to avoid the full-fat kind. But what's the deal with people, especially food servers, piling it on everything? If you say no mayo, they spread it especially thick! Sometimes they'll say "we don't use much" and it's still a half-inch thick. Then I either have to scrape it off and create a mess, or eat it.

And why is it that hot mustard, or even Dijon, is getting hard to find? Just wondering....[/quote]

My parents buy theirs from Zingerman's. They have AMAZING mustard - I love the horseradish one. http://www.zingermans.com/Category.p...egory=mustards.

Well I love my Mayo, I even bathe in the stuff. It has amazing moisturising benefits!

my friend dips her fries in it, puts its on jacket potatoes, on her pizza, on sandwiches, on pasta - you name it she puts it on! her and her mum go throught a family sized jar a week!

A*O

^^^ can you actually hear their arteries clogging???

Along with the No Mayo thing, I'd like to add the No Meat request. I am not a vegetarian but often prefer meals without meat just because I love veggies and salad and it does you good not to eat meat sometimes. Anyway, if you ask for a No Meat meal in a restaurant they will often say "do you want chicken with that?" Erm, no thanks - just what I asked for. Or "you'll be wanting some beef or lamb or something?" Erm, no - I don't want any meat tonight thanks. "Not even chicken?" NO THANK YOU. They then walk away shaking their heads in wonderment at the weirdo who only wants a Caesar Salad (+ mayo LOL) but no meat.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Mayo is actually really, really good for your hair, if you slather some on and leave it overnight. It ends up really shiny and soft. But I just...can't...bring myself to do it. It smells gross.
    2 years...

its too wiggly for my liking! i dont like the taste- but the way it wiggles in them little dishes they put on the side of your meal like jiggle jiggle jiggle eeeww it turns my stomach everytime. i still have to shake it though and let it wiggle !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information