Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Dinner

Default Christmas Dinner

I was just wondering what you guys have for Christmas dinner. My mom isn't the best cook (Sorry Mom!!!) so she usually just does basics for Christmas---ham, potatoes, bread. But this year, I decided to make some stuff too. The only thing is---I have no clue what people even eat for Christmas. Plus it would be neat to see what different people do.

Default Re: Christmas Dinner

It is just me, my husband, and an old boyfriend from college (don't ask), so I don't want to do a huge cooking deal. I was going to do a small prime rib or something, but Mr. really likes my lasagna, so I guess I will do a small pan of that. A small salad, some good bread, that's it. I make nice lasagna, I use all fresh stuff, and I will probably put some portabellos in it. Mainly for the husband. I really don't care what I do, as long as I don't have to go through a huge production.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Wow!! Who knew lasagna was so popular at Christmas!!

We used to have an Italian dish as a first course and a turkey after but people filled up too much on the Italian dish. We now do the traditional turkey, ham, sweet potatos, mashed, string beans, mushrooms, cranberry sauce, stuffing & salad. We'll be having some extended family members that are Jewish so they'll be bringing some traditional dishes like latkes.

Our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are basically the same. We have turkey, ham, dressing-not stuffing! You put stuffing in something! This is cornbread dressing full of sage and onions! Mashed potatoes, green beans, hubby insists on sweet potato casserole and we have tons of desserts! For Thanksgiving I made pumpkin pie, pineapple upside down cake, cheesecakes, chocolate cakes, a sweet potato cake...we love to eat at our house (well at the relatives) so we all just pig out and then drink in the evening!!

So Christmas will be about the same...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Bronze Member

We are usually turkey'd and ham'd out by then, so we splurge and get king crab legs. Easy and quick to prepare, and with the main star being crab, you can go as easy or as elaborate as you like with sides.

Zee

I like the idea of king crab legs. Sounds like a nice indulgent change of pace.

We usually vary the entree shrimp, beef, ham, lasagna depending on my family's mood. I do love making cookies and desserts- yule log, nut roll to make it seem like Christmas.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

The kids will love me if I add crab to the filet mignon we always have. I thought of making lasagna but don't have time to make it ahead and I sure don't feel like making it on Christmas day. Sometimes I make lasagna for New Years Eve, don't think I'll do that this year, if he wants to eat he can take me out!

We have turkey and a million vegetables. Nothing else to write home about really.

I'm not really mad on the actual food ina christmad dinner but I just love the atmosphere. Having all the family round and having a drink while I help my mum cook.

We have turkey, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, mushy peas, sprouts (my favourite!!!), carrot and tunrip, cauliflour, broccoli, roast potatoes, and gravy! I'm getting hungry now!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Lasagne for Christmas Dinner - You all crazy?!!

Is is because of the American Thanksgiving that you don't have to have Turkey on the 25th December? Its a rule here.

Christmas dinner is, a HUGE Turkey that no one can ever eat a lot of, those cute little sausages wrapped in bacon and seasonal veg including roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts ( ) and maybe parsnips all washed down with gravy. Cranberry sauce is involved too but I'm not especially keen on it.

I'm so looking forward to Christmas Day, me and the boyf are going to my Mums where my older brother will be. Dads away this year.

It's always great fun at my Mums - probably because she's a lush and theres always plenty of festive booze. !!

Silver Member

I love love love having an Italian dish with Christmas dinner. Along with a turkey or beef tenderloin. I think it is more of an Italian American thing but it is so good.

I love turkey, but the smallest ones are so large, and there are only three of us this year. Plus you need other stuff to go with it, it is a lot of work and a lot of leftover food. My lasagna is pretty good, and I don't make it very often because it is expensive. My husband requested it, so I will make a little pan, a green salad, and get some good Italian bread. The best spot is that there will probably be very little leftovers. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    We have turkey, ham, dressing-not stuffing! You put stuffing in something! This is cornbread dressing full of sage and onions.
    My mom makes the best cornbread dressing. I eat myself sick on it every Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've never eaten stuffing and I don't think I know anyone that makes it either. Something about it being stuffed in a raw bird kinda freaks me out!

You don't like the taste of bird ass? Just kidding, you know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information