Thread: The $2400 box of chocolates

Default The $2400 box of chocolates

Imagine being given free creative rein in England's most exclusive chocolate factory, one that uses the latest equipment and specializes only in top-end ingredients. It's a fantasy come true for any chocolate connoisseur — and the man who can make it happen is Bill McCarrick, master chocolatier at Sir Hans Sloane Chocolate House in Surrey. The newest player in the increasingly competitive world of élite chocolatiers, McCarrick wants to take cocoa appreciation to a higher level by letting clients create bespoke handmade chocolates. "Conventional definitions of luxury chocolates are passé," he says. "This is a different echelon of luxury to do with rarity, and I'm offering a creative personal experience." First, McCarrick asks about your taste preferences, especially for fruits and wine. Once you've decided what flavor to imbue your filling with, the tasting starts, with McCarrick helping to pick from a range of couvertures (the mixture from which the chocolates are made) to find the best match for your chosen center. It's terroir rather than cocoa content that counts; you may want Panamanian chocolate redolent of tobacco, a more floral Madagascan, or a Venezuelan infused with red berry and raisin. Production starts only after more fine-tunings to ensure your chocolate is just right — whether it was conceived to complement a certain wine, to encapsulate a spice remembered from a special holiday or simply to attain the ultimate in chocolate indulgence.

The $2,400 tailor-made package includes tasting consultations, a handmade rosewood-and-maple inlaid box containing 60 customized chocolates, and a backup box of another 60. As all good chocoholics know, it wouldn't do to run out. www. sirhanssloane.com

Bespoke Chocolates - Global Adviser - TIME

Uh.. Ill just stick with my Snickers bar, mmkay?

Jeeze-at least they could thrown in a good pair of shoes.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

it would have to include a very hot man in a nice towel, delivering them to me in my bedroom. tyvm.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    it would have to include a very hot man in a nice towel, delivering them to me in my bedroom. tyvm.
    No doubt you are a person who wants a lot of bang for her buck. Or in this case FROM her buck.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

I want milk chocolate covered Spearmint. We had a small comapny called Haighs that used to make them. As it seemed I was the only person buying them they were discontinued.

I was so hooked on them I would probably pay $2,400 for them. They are now for everyone as hubby said they taste like toothpaste.

Needless to say Haighs has been boycotted by me and losing my chocolate dollar is nothing to scoff at.

I'm not surprised at the price tag, actually. I browsed around some posh chocolate shops when I was in Paris, and it was quite common to see chocolate boxes over 100-200 euros. This is just taking it to the next level.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Hit By Ban Bus!

tailor made sounds nice

SVZ

Sounds fun...if I had 2400 to drop on something like this I think I would lol

I'll order a couple of boxes then!

For $2400 they better be the best in the world.

Zee

Throw me an aero bar and some buttons.

It would be the ultimate business gift.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Thread Information