Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you tip the pizza guy (or tip in general)?

Default How much do you tip the pizza guy (or tip in general)?

I've been reading a few pizza delivery websites, and some have message boards with amusing stories of tippers and other things delivery drivers deal with. How much do you guys tip the delivery guy? How much do you tip in general?

I usually tip the pizza delivery person very well.

Remember To Tip The Pizza Delivery Driver

at least 20%

I tip 20% usually - more for exceptional service, less if the service is extraordinarily shitty.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

Since I'm already paying a delivery charge and pizza delivery drivers around here make $8-$10 an hour (at least that's what the help wanted ads claim) and ALL they're bringing me is pizza, they get $2 per pie. I tip a waiter/waitress 20% for repeatedly bringing me stuff and because they make shit wages per hour, but a pizza delivery guy isn't getting any damn 20%.

Pfft.. when the guy shows up sweaty, an hour and a half late, and scratching his crotch I rarely tip well, if at all. I've never gotten good delivery service.

At restaurants, however, I usually tip minimum 20%.. up to 50% if the guy gave us drinks.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    Pfft.. when the guy shows up sweaty, an hour and a half late, and scratching his crotch I rarely tip well, if at all. I've never gotten good delivery service.

At restaurants, however, I usually tip minimum 20%.. up to 50% if the guy gave us drinks.
    I remember back a few years ago we'd double the tax and that would be the tip; that would be about 16-17%, and we thought that was a good tip since the standard was 15%. When did it become 20%? When did it become a minimum of 20%? I rarely tip over 20% unless it's just easier to add the check up that way, since service that I would classify as "exceptional" is extremely rare.

For example, yesterday my fiance and I went out to dinner with a few members of his family to Texas Land & Cattle (a steakhouse chain here in TX). There were six of us and we were sat at a booth so small that we had barely any elbow room. The place was cold and the floor was filthy. The bathrooms were dirty and the service, while friendly, was slow. When my food arrived my steak was undercooked and the potatoes were cold. The salad was soggy. The sirloin nachos we got as an appetizer were cold. Basically it was a terribly mediocre meal. I felt ripped off to begin with when it cost $65 to feed my fiance and I, but I still tipped 20% because the other members of the party tipped 20% and I felt pressured. Had I not wanted to spoil his birthday by making a scene, I'd have sent everything back or asked for money to be taken off for the dirtiness, coldness, slowness, wrongness, etc. It sucked ASS.

Basically the place was an overpriced ripoff and on TOP of that, they expect me to make up the wages of their waitstaff while they enjoy giant profit margins by overcharging for substandard crap? They can suck my ass, I'm never going there again.

If I order a pie here and it's $15 I give the delivery guy $5.

I live in NY, it's a tip culture. I tip everyone, and I tip them well. They always remember and take care of me in return.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

When I order delivery, I give a minimum of $5.00. I used to work at a pizza place answering phones and I know that those delivery drivers really do work hard and often depend on tips. At the place where I worked, they were not making anything CLOSE to $8-10 per hour. They also had to pay for their own gas. My brother also worked delivery at a restaurant in high school and he had to quit because it cost him more to work there (paying for gas to drive his truck all over the area making deliveries) than he was making.

At restaurants, I give a minimum of 20%. If they give me free appetizers or drinks, I usually add the cost of whatever they gave me to their tip.

If I'm really dissatisfied with the service (not the quality of the food but the actual service) I will leave 15%, but that rarely happens. I've only not left anything once, and I felt bad doing it. The waitress completely ignored us- she rolled her eyes while she was taking our order, brought our food out after 45 minutes, literally slamming it down on the table along with the check and then walking away,and didn't come back once to check on us or refill our drinks. The orders weren't even right, but we didn't get the chance to tell her because she didn't come back.

It depends whether or not he comes in, has sex with me, has sex with my roommate, the moneyshots in front of the camera.

Obviously.

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I agree with Southernbelle. I don't think I've ever not left a tip; even in the case of the most shitty service because as pissed as I may be at them I still feel sorry for them. Not that it makes any sense.

Gold Member

we tip a lot, always. those jobs are tough

Bronze Member

I was with a group at Applebees in Fl. Everyone got their drinks except me. After about 15 min. My brother got the waiters attn. 2 bartenders were talking to folkes at the bar and not making drinks. They finally looked our way and I threw up my hands like wtf how about my margarita. When the waiter brought over the drink My Brother made a comment about the wait. The waiter quickly jumped bro and said hey don't blame me blame the bartender. Not a good attitude to have if your depending on a nice tip. When the check came Bro said he would take the check and the waiter said oh no dude you don't even like me, Bro said true, but I'll take the check anyway. The kid got a nice tip, but it would have been much better if he had been much better.

We always tip the pizza guy $5.

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    It depends whether or not he comes in, has sex with me, has sex with my roommate, the moneyshots in front of the camera.

Obviously.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Pizza delivery: $5
    Restaurant: 20%

I alway try to tip well because I know the servers make their living off tips and most of them(in my area) are working college students. It's good karma anyways...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I tip the pizza guy $5 because they've always given me good service and are nice about my Pug whining and jumping on them for the pizza!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information