Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugly wedding cakes

Default Ugly wedding cakes

Some have quotes from the brides or others.

Weed Cake
    "I told the baker I wanted flowers with a tiny bit of greenery. Instead of a knife, my husband wanted to cut it with a lawn mower!"

Dolphin Massacre Cake

Glow In The Dark Cake
    "They used a black light and special dyes in the icing to make it glow. You should have seen the bridesmaids' dresses!"

Leaning Tower Of Cake
    Better eat it fast.

Redneck Cake
    I love this. I'd eat some. How often does someone put a Twinkie in front of you?

Sex Cake
    "I guess we were a pretty amorous couple, and our friends kept joking that we couldn't wait for the evening to end to get back to our hotel room. When I saw what they put on our cake I was stunned. I can't wait to get back at them."

Bat Cake
    "Everyone started saying that there were bats on my cake," said the bride. "They knew I was terrified of bats. It seems the bakery had put some leaves on my cake that looked just like bats in the dark reception hall. I was too scared to cut it until someone took them off."

Retro Cake
    "My cake looked like a pile of bird droppings. I told the baker I wanted a simple elegant finish without much detail, and this is what showed up! I felt like it was 1970 retro or something!"

Dropped Cake
    "I guess it was funny in retrospect. Our cake was supposed to be about 2-1/2 feet tall. I was told later that the baker rushed in and dropped the cake on the table so hard that it collapsed on itself. Then she attempted to hide the damage with flowers that she swiped from our centerpieces. That's my throw-away bouquet, on top of the cake. Instead of cake, my guests had cake soup!"

Centerpiece Cake
    "Where's the cake? We thought it was a table centerpiece until one of the kids stuck his finger in it!"

Cupcakes
    "We thought we could save money by having cupcakes instead of a regular wedding cake. I gave the baker my color theme for the reception and asked him to use his discretion in tinting the icing. This hodgepodge is what we got. What a disaster! I wish we had ordered a beautiful cake. Now all our photos show people chowing down on these ugly things." (What did she think cupcakes would look like?)

Mickey Mouse Cake
    Gawd.

Videogame Cake
    This one I like... poking fun at the groom with his cake.

List Of The Day: Ugly Wedding Cakes
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

okay I gotta say something about the twinkie cake . . . my second husband and I wanted to just go to Tahoe and get married. My mom and dad starting turning it into a big production. We finally agreed to get married at their house, didn't want to get dressed up , she made me buy a dress, finally started in about the cake. I got pissed and said no. To be a smartass, I made a twinkie cake and put a wedding cake topper on it. Gotta defend the twinkies!!!
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Didn't these people liase with the baker along the way, or even see it beforehand? I feel quite lucky now with my cake-lady, she'd ring me with questions and did an absolutely fantastic job of doing just what I wanted.

Mind you most of them seemed to take it with good humour, but that dolphin cake is HEINOUS!

A*O

I LOVE the dead dolphins because that's SO not what the bridezilla had in mind.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oh my god some of these are horrendous!!! Although I quite like the Xbox one!

I've actually seen a lovely cupcake cake that was decorated with elegantly swirled white icing and a little colour-matched flower on the top, they looked delicious.

My wedding cake was gorgeous, just plain white with a purple flower on each one. We didn't have a bride and groom cause I prefer flowers .
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I actually like the Twinkie cake! I would totally eat it! The day glo cupcakes not so much.

that video game groom's cake is pretty cool. i really like the idea of a groom's cake...something more lighthearted & fun.

but, that dolphin cake looks awful.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    Didn't these people liase with the baker along the way, or even see it beforehand? I feel quite lucky now with my cake-lady, she'd ring me with questions and did an absolutely fantastic job of doing just what I wanted.

Mind you most of them seemed to take it with good humour, but that dolphin cake is HEINOUS!
    No kidding!! I think the dropped cake that collapsed on itself is the worst because it's the only one that I feel was totally out of the bride's control. There's no excuse for not being aware of what's going on with your cake and how it's going to turn out. In most cases, I think you should see it (or pictures of it) beforehand. This is why you get recommendations and look at actual pictures of the baker's work before ordering your cake.

The dolphin one is awful, but that's what the bride gets for being a dumbass. I thought the X-Box grooms cake was cute.

Here are a few more ugly wedding cakes:

Shrek cake... could be ok as a groom's cake but it looks like something they picked up at the Wal-Mart bakery for a 3 year old's birthday party.

More cupcakes

Krispy Kreme donuts with ribbon over the top. This one especially disgusts me because I think Krispy Kremes that have been sitting out for hours are gross... they get all cool and stale tasting and the glaze gets slimy and sticky. Krispy Kremes are only good when they're fresh.

^ I like the flowers in that doughnut one. I went to a wedding last summer that had cupcakes, they were tastefully done.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Gold Member

haha those are great! some of them look really cute

Gold Member

I feel fortunate; the cake I ordered for my wedding came out looking exactly like the picture. Too bad it TASTED like shit!

I don't think I've ever had a wedding cake that tasted good. They all taste stale and like cardboard to me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I actually like the glow in the dark cake! I wouldn't pick it for my own wedding, but it looks pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DontMindMe View Post
    Some have quotes from the brides or others.

i'm a fan of all things black, i like this cake.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^^Reminds me a bit of our cake.

My cake arrived pretty, but BARE. there were supposed to be little green flowers, but the baker 'didn't think I would like it' and just...didn't! So my sister in law put some of the fake ivy we had everywhere on it. We had to move it in this picture to cut the cake, but you get the idea.

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information