Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis in food, uses? Recipes?

Default Cannabis in food, uses? Recipes?

Well since that news story of a joint being as bad as smoking 20 cigarettes, does anyone/has anyone used it in food? Brownies, sprinkled on Gazpacho, in an omelet, spicing up a meatloaf?

any recipes, any story of eating it? using it as a garnish, etc.?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Brownies!!!!!!!!!! Butter; just make a big old batch of potbutter and use that for all of your baking needs! Here's a funny, I made two batches of fudge one year and my mother came home grabbed a piece and drank a glass of milk and ran out to a volunteer thing she called later informing me that she knew what I had been making.

Does it make an herb butter just like you would do with say rosemary? That sounds good slathered on warm bread from the oven. what herb butter does it taste most like?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Here's the recipe for the pot buttah.

1 bag of shake (roughly 1/2 pound - 1 pound)
    Large cooking/stock pot (mine is a 4 gallon)
    5 pounds butter or margarine
    cheesecloth for straining
    thick elastic bands
    empty plastic containers with lids (ice-cream pails or large Tupperware work best)
    ladle or coffee mug
    rubber gloves or oven mitts

It's always best to use the best leaf you can find. The more potent the shake, the more potent the butter.

Step 1: Put your 5 pounds of butter/margarine into the stock pot.

Step 2: Put in your bag of VERY dry shake (try to sift out any stalks or foreign matter.)

Step 3: Fill the pot with cold water leaving about 4 inches at the top for stirring.

Step 4: Set your stove element to med heat, leaving a slight crack open on the lid for steam to escape. Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low and
    simmer for at least 5 hours. (You can do it for longer, but 5 hours is the minimum time to simmer.)

Step 5: Stir with a wooden spoon occasionally.

Step 6: Take it off the element and let it cool for a while. (Note: you only want to cool it as much as you'll need to be able to handle it with gloves, the hotter it is, the easier it
    is to squeeze the butter out of the leaf.)

Step 7: Cut yourself some squares of cheesecloth and spread out your plastic containers. Put the cloth pieces over each container and secure it with the elastic bands. (I
    usually double up each bit of cheese cloth.)

Step 8: Take a ladle or coffee mug and scoop out some of the green mixture onto the cloth. Keep pouring until you get close (about 6") to the top of the container. Then
    take the cheesecloth off and squeeze into the container as hard as you can to get the most butter out of the mix.

Repeat into all containers until all of your green stew is out of the stock pot and squeezed into the containers. *Note: most of the butter is saturated into the leaves and
    that's the part you want to ensure gets totally squeezed out of the mixture and into your containers.

Step 9: Put the lids on your filled containers and place them on a level surface in your freezer.

Step 10: After about 5 hours, the butter will solidify and some of the water will turn to ice. Take each container one by one over to the sink, take off the lid, and with one
    hand supporting the ice block, turn container upside down and release. Some water will come pouring out, and the ice just needs to be scraped away from the main butter
    block. You should be left with a smooth, round slab of light green butter.

Step 11: I store my butter in empty margarine containers in the fridge. If you've got lots, you can put the butter back in the freezer and take it out as needed. Or you can
    share it with your friends.

You can use this butter just as you would regular butter in any baking recipe. Simply substitute the butter your recipe calls for with your special butter.

and these seem really good..

POT BROWNIES
    1/2 cup flour
    3 tablespoons shortening
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 egg (beaten)
    1 tablespoon water
    1/2 cup grass
    pinch of salt
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons corn syrup
    1 square melted chocolate
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 cup chopped nuts

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Mix shortening, sugar, honey, syrup, and egg. Then blend in chocolate and other ingredients, and mix well. Spread in an 8-inch pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
    BANANA BREAD
    1/2 cup shortening
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup mashed bannanas
    2 cups sifted flour
    1/2 cup chopped grass
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup chopped nuts

Mix the shortening and sugar, beat eggs, and add to mixture. Seperately mix bannanas with lemon juice and add to the first mixture. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together, then mix all ingredients together. Bake for 1 1/4 hours at 375 degrees.

Chocolate mint brownies are great for pot.

Here's the way I always made pot brownies:

Box of brownie mix-- Duncan Hines is best, though White Lily Triple Chocolate Chunk is great too.

Crushed up weed (de-seeded/de-stemmed), between an 1/8 and a 1/4 oz. (up to you)

Sautee' the weed in a pan with butter/margerine (1/4 cup maybe?) to release the THC and soften weed.

Dump sautee'd mix in with the brownie mix and bake as normal.

I've never tried any other pot recipes, but that banana bread sure sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Chocolate mint brownies are great for pot.
    Hmmmm, MUST try that sometime. If only I could find someone willing to go halves...
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

A ex-bf of mine's ex used to make these and sell them. They were pretty tasty and strong as hell!

bake sale anyone?

i will be the first shopper!!!!

^^LOL. Sure, I'm in.

I've always heard about this or read about it, but never experienced it. Do you get the same affect as if it was in a joint? That would be perfect if you did!
    & not a single fuck was given...

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

damnit... where is the you tube of the cop that got too high on some brownies he made with stolen pot... "we're dead time is going really really really really slowly"

I've eaten pot brownies, and they do give the exact same high as smoking but it lasts longer. I remember the first time we all had cottonmouth and one of us was "hey, I always thought the dries came from smoking, but now i see it's from the pot". Which we all thought was hilarious

I've also drank tea made from magic mushrooms
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I find that eating the pot makes for a longer lasting, smoother, and more intense high.

I've always just sauteed the pot in butter (any fat will work) for 15-20 minutes. I'm lazy, so I don't strain the bits of leaf out. I figure there may be some THC in there, so why take the risk? Plus, it adds a crunchy texture!

I make a sugar cookie and add whatever I have on hand- peanuts and coconut flakes, raisins and a dollop of orange marmalade. Whatever.

I spoon out smallish cookies so I can regulate my high easier. Then I wrap them in foil and freeze. They are good frozen! Great for smuggling into concerts. Takes a bit longer to feel the high, so go easy at first. After 30 minutes, I feel it.

Once I made a batch...I left a generous amount of batter in the bowl and spooned it clean...licked the spoon, too. The cookies started coming out of the oven and I was wrapping them up in 2-cookie doses...oh, this one is kind of jacked up, better eat it....this one is too small, no point in freezing it...oops, I'm left with an odd number, better scarf that one down.

When my roommate came home and started talking to me in the kitchen, I realised how incredibly high I was. The highest I have ever been in my life! It was great.

Pot butter rocks socks off.

Bookmarking this thread for future use. It's been a while since I got my hands on enough pot for a few joints, let alone cooking.

A friend of mine used to make pot chocolate cake back in Uni. He used to really pack it full of the good stuff, and as a result, I'd get a more intense high from a slice than I ever did from smoking-one time I even hallucinated a bit.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information