12 41.38%
  • I will drink either

9 31.03%
  • Other

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tap or bottled water?

Default Tap or bottled water?

Which do you prefer? Do you have to drink bottled stuff or do you prefer tap?

I drink from a britta filter thingy, but will drink tap too. I prefer the taste of it to bottled water.

for 'normal' water, i drink mostly tap but i usually have a bottle on me that i refill with tap water and carry around with me until i lose it, on average they last about a week and then i buy a new one.
    i usually keep a few small bottles of perrier or valser at home and at the office for when i crave fizzy water. or if i'm a bit hungover i have perrier with lots of lime juice and salt. sounds gross but it's delicious and makes me feel better right away. also helps with indigestion and headaches.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

The tap water here is great so I drink that but if I'm out and about and need water I'll buy a bottle but it's local, not some poncy French stuff at twice the price.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^^
    lol the poncy french stuff is the 'local' bottled water here so luckily it's cheap. geneva's literally a half hour away from evian.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Yeah, well Melbourne is 30,000km away from Evian - go figure LOL
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^^
    yeah, it's ridiculous to spend so much. i never bought imported water either when i was living in canada. it's just pointless.

We have excellent tap water in Toronto, so I drink that, and fill a sturdy sports bottle to take with me to class and such. If I forget and am thirsty, of course I'll buy the occasional bottle rather than pop or whatever, and I'll get any brand except Nestle. I like Dasani, which, I believe, is tap water, lol.

I did live briefly in a place with undrinkable tap water (Copper Cliff, ON, near Sudbury), and it was unfortunate because I really think drinking only bottled is ridiculous. The industry produces so much waste. But there, and I imagine other places as well, the water was truly awful, so we bought large cheap bulk jugs from the supermarket.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

The tap water here is foul. By here I mean my student house. It's like... nutty. Don't ask. It has to be bottled for me. At my actual home (my parents' house) we use a Brita filter. Water in London isn't that great, not to my taste anyway.

Half the time in Vancouver I have to boil my tapwater before I can drink it, it's so turbid. Turbid = filled with visible orange/brown slimey/flakey things. Apparently it's safe to drink it straight outta the tap...but I refuse to take that chance.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

No tap. I'm not kidding when I say I can taste chemicals in it.

I buy big gallon jugs of water (tastes so much better) from the grocery store at about .79. I started doing as a taste substitute but also because of the benefits that I'm seeing bodybuilders and athletes swear by. I figure my kidneys and liver are already doing plenty of work with my lupus drugs.

Definitely bottled water for me. I rarely resort to drinking tap water and only use it if I make tea or want hot chocolate. The tap water quality is awful here where I live.

Does no one else worry about carcinogenic (cancer causing) chemicals leeching into your bottled water from thier plastic containers?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I have to admit If I could afford it I would buy bottled water now. The tap water here is so hard it is practically a solid. Not very tasty water. Even if the bottled water is just tap water bottled from someplace else, it would have to be better than this tap water.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    Does no one else worry about carcinogenic (cancer causing) chemicals leeching into your bottled water from thier plastic containers?
    Yes, but I thought that happened from reusing the plastic bottles too much, waiting too long to use the water, exposing the bottles to sunlight, or storing them in heat? In other words, I thought there was a storage or usage trigger to causing the leeching?

Also, I recall a story some years back about a risk of certain kinds of bacteria in bottled waters.

Guess it's a matter of which risks you want to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    actually no i'm not worried. everything causes cancer now a days.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information