Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: America's 20 worst foods

Default America's 20 worst foods

Worst Fast-Food Chicken Meal
    McDonald's 5-pc
    Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips with cream ranch sauce.
    830 Calories, 55 grams fat ( 4.5 trans fat), 48 carbs.
    Add a large fries and regular soda and this seemingly innocuous chicken meal tops out at 1,710 calories. (Pass. McD's gives me the squirts. TMI?)

Worst drink
    Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd Power Smoothie (30 fl oz).
    900 calories, 10 g fat, 183 carbs, 166 g sugar.
    Jamba Juice calls it a smoothie, but MSNBC calls it a milk shake. (Funny, cuz I call MSNBC a milk shake.) The beverage contains as much sugar as 8 pints of Ben & Jerry's butter pecan ice cream. (Well that's an easy choice. Pass the B & J!)

Worst supermarket meal
    Pepperidge Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie (whole pie)
    1,020 calories, 64 g fat, 86 g carbs.
    Label may say this pie serves two (Ethiopians), but, who ever divided a small pot pie in half? (Uh..not me. I could eat this fucker in two bites, easy.) Once you crack the crust, there will be no stopping.

Worst "healthy" burger
    Ruby Tuesday Bella Turkey Burger.
    1,145 calories, 71 g fat, 56 g carbs.
    (I once took a high school date to Ruby Tuesday in my fine Plymouth Duster. We had real burgers. There were no "healthy" burgers back then. Then we saw a movie; I don't remember which one. Arthur 2 or something, probably. Then I drove her home, and we were gonna make out, but I noticed she had two white zits on her chin, which grossed me out, so I told her goodnight and sped off into the night. Of course, I probably had some zits of my own, but you know how guys are.)

Worst Mexican entree Amputated Leg
    Chipotle Mexican Grill Chicken Burrito.
    1,179 calories, 47 g fat, 125 g carbs, 2,656 mg sodium

Worst kids' meal
    Macaroni Grill Double Macaroni 'n' Cheese.
    1,210 calories, 62 g fat, 3,450 mg sodium. It's like feeding your kid 1 1/2 boxes of Kraft mac 'n' cheese. (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Worst sandwich
    Quizno's Classic Italian (large)
    1,528 calories, 92 g fat, 4,604 mg sodium, 110 g carbs. A large homemade sandwich would more likely have provided about 500 calories. (A homemade sandwich would more likely have been on two dried-up end pieces of Publix wheat bread and sliced turkey that had already started to turn.)

Worst salad
    On the Border Grande Taco Salad with Taco Beef
    1,450 calories, 102 g fat, 78 g carbs, 2,410 mg sodium.
    This isn't an anomaly: Five different On the Border salads on the menu contain more than 1,100 calories each. (But after nine Coronas, you won't give a shit.)

Worst burger
    Carl's Jr. Double Six Dollar Burger.
    1,520 calories, 111g fat.
    Carl's Jr. brags on this enormous sandwich, but the restaurant chain also provides convenient nutrition info on its Web site -- so ignorance is no excuse for eating it. (Who orders this? Popeye?)

Worst steak
    Lonestar 20 oz T-bone
    1,540 calories, 124g fat.
    Add a baked potato and Lonestar's Signature Lettuce Wedge, and this is a 2,700 calorie blowout. (And a damn fine meal.)

Worst breakfast
    Bob Evans Caramel Banana Pecan Cream Stacked and Stuffed hotcakes.
    1,540 calories, 77 g fat (9 g trans fat), 198 g carbs, 109 g sugar.
    Five Egg McMuffins yield the same caloric cost as this stack of sugar-stuffed flapjacks, which is truly a heavy breakfast, weighing in at a hefty pound and a half. (Tell 'em Elvis sent ya.)

Worst dessert
    Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream.
    1,600 calories, 78 g fat, 215 g carbs.
    Would you eat a Big Mac for dessert? (No. McD's gives me the squirts.) How about three? (Squirt, squirt, squirt.) That's the calorie equivalent of this decadent dish. Clearly, Chili's customers get their money's worth. (Which is what they deserve for a meal that costs $7.99 with tax and tip)

Worst Chinese entree
    P.F. Chang's Pork Lo Mein
    1,820 calories, 127 g fat, 95 g carbs
    The fat content in this dish alone provides more than 1,100 calories. And you'd have to eat almost five servings of pasta to match the number of carbs it contains. Now, do you really need five servings of pasta? (Depends on your definition of "need.")

Worst chicken entree
    Chili's Honey Chipotle Crispers with Chipotle Sauce
    2,040 calories, 99 g fat, 240 g carbs (and 1 redundant use of "chipotle")
    "Crispers" refers to an extra thick layer of bread crumbs that soak up oil and adds unnecessary calories and carbs to these glorified chicken strips. (Mmmmm.)

Worst fish entree
    On The Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans
    2,100 calories, 130 g fat, 169 g carbs, 4,700 mg sodium
    Perhaps the most misleadingly named dish in America : A dozen crunchy tacos from Taco Bell will saddle you with fewer calories. (And saddle you on the crapper for about an hour.)

Worst pizza
    Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza
    2,310 calories, 162 g fat, 123 g carbs, 4,470 mg sodium. (And one redundant use of "Chicago")
    Downing this "personal" pizza is equivalent to eating 18 slices of Domino's Crunchy Thin Crust cheese pizza. (And...?)

Worst pasta
    Macaroni Grill Spaghetti and Meatballs with Meat Sauce
    2,430 calories, 128 g fat, 207 g carbs, 5,290 mg sodium
    This meal satisfied your calorie requirements for an entire day. (Sounds like an efficient choice then.)

Worst nachos
    On The Border Stacked Border Nachos
    2,740 calories, 166 g fat, 191 g carbs, 5,280 sodium.
    (There are no bad nachos.)

Worst starter

Chili's Awesome Blossom
    2,710 calories, 203 g fat, 194 g carbs, 6,360 mg sodium.
    (These things look and taste so good when they come out hot, and look and taste so awful five minutes later when they get cold.)

The worst overall food in America
    Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing
    2,900 calories, 182 g fat, 240 g carbs.
    Even if you split these "starters" with three friends, you'll have downed a dinner's worth of calories before you entree arrives.
    (I don't know three people who would eat these.)

List Of The Day: America's 20 Worst Foods
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Some of those look gross, but it's nice to spoil yourself once in a while. I'd go mad without chocolate.

Between uncertainty and acceptance

WTF is that??? It looks like a brain. Or a sea creature. Or a pine cone....blech.

Las Vegas, NV

All of this looks nasty to me except for Chipotle's burrito. Yuuuuuum. I love getting steak burritos there. It's my one and only fast food vice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post

WTF is that??? It looks like a brain. Or a sea creature. Or a pine cone....blech.

I think thats an onion deep fried in batter.

mmmmmmm pot pie

OMG. I just ate one of those Chipotle Chicken Burritos the other day. 1200 calories? Really?? What. The. Fuck????? I feel so betrayed. I even put sour cream on mine, so I was really fucked.

I am also crying over the supermarket chicken pot pie. Such a great comfort food for those cold/rainy/sick nights.

in my world they know me here

i am so guilty........

in a van down by the river

i absolutely LOVE jamba juice. Strawberries wild is the best! i dont get where they say its 166g of sugar. Jamba doesnt add any sugar to their drinks. and i dont believe that Strawberries, apple juice and banana's add up to 166g of sugar. i'll have to check but this is the recipe

1 cup apple juice 1 cup frozen strawberries 1/2 cup frozen bananas 1 cup non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt or vanilla soy yogurt 1/2 cup ice
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

See, i;'d rather not know. I try to eat good, but i'd never want to be a calorie counter.

Over the hills and far away

I've eaten that onion blossom in the past. It's fucking good. But fucking bad. Fucking shit.

Silver Member

Ok, I am ashamed to say we love these. OMG! 2900 calories!

Central Duh-hio

Well as bad as alot of that stuff long as you only eat maybe ONE of those things maybe ONCE a week..and eat healthy and carefully the rest of the week..then it is not so bad right?

*Of course I eat like shit all the time so I am not talking about me here ok?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

The calories on some of those are ridiculous-how do you get so many calories in one dish anyway?
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

fellow traveller

i was wondering the same thing. i just don't get it. especially the steak. how do you make a 1500 calorie steak? do they use special obese cows or something?
    either way, digusting.
    i'll take a good old kebab over any of those.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information