Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it rude to ask for condiments (Tabasco, Ketchup, etc.) at restaurants?

Default Is it rude to ask for condiments (Tabasco, Ketchup, etc.) at restaurants?

Source

Is It Rude to Ask For Condiments (Tabasco, Ketchup, etc.) at Restaurants?
    • Yes
    • No
    • It depends on the restaurant.

Is It Rude to Ask For Condiments (Tabasco, Ketchup, etc.) at Restaurants? | Etiquette, poll, restaurants | yumsugar - Food, Drink, & Entertaining.

Probably depends. I guess you don't want to offend Chef, he might chase you with his big chopper.

I was already to say no it isn't rude, however in some places asking for ketchup might be offensive, and juvenile. If you haven't ordered french fries then please NO ketchup.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I was already to say no it isn't rude, however in some places asking for ketchup might be offensive, and juvenile. If you haven't ordered french fries then please NO ketchup.
    Uh, I paid for the freaking meal and If I want ketchup with it and they've got it, they'd better give it to me because they certainly won't get my money if they don't. And they'd better do it without any looks of disgust/disbelief/etc.

Wow, I will never get over how much other people can care about what the hell everyone one else does.

*Not directed at you SSDiva, just at people in general.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

is this a pc topic? if i want something and i am paying money then yes i will ask. it is not rude imo but rather a taste. my dad puts ketchup on everything. and he does it to his own cooking so it is not because it is bad or something it is just because ppl like condiments.

I used to get so much crap from my parents for eating my steak with ketchup. I really don't know why people get so weird about it, but I see it as their problem, not mine.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Ha,I even ask for sauces and ketchup at the drive thrus.I'm a bitch
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

its all about me and my money. if i'm eating it, and i'm paying for it, i can put whatever i want on it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

A small dollop of ketchup, mustard, tartare, whatever on the side is one thing. If you pour half a bottle over everything (and people do) then what's the point of ordering anything other than fries in the first place. You won't be able to taste anything but ketchup anyway which is actually a WASTE of money if you are paying for a meal.

And I most certainly would NOT order extra tabasco in a smart restaurant where the menus are carefully planned and balanced and I don't blame chefs for getting pissy with customers who smother their creations in crap. It's the kind of thing Bratney would do.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yeah, but if it's asked for in a polite manner, who is anyone to account for or condescend to someone else's taste? I personally would think it's pointless to drown something in ketchup, but if they like it, whatever.

Sometimes I like to cover my filet mignon in black pepper, and I'd be pissed if someone gave me shit about it when I'm paying good money for it.

I HAVE to have a lot of lemon with fish. I just love it & will ask away.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

lol i am white trash. we never go to fancy restaurants. i wouldnt think twice about asking for sauces or ketchup. And, heaven forbid that i ask for butter to go with my steak!!!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

Maybe it's a 'snobby' thing about trashy ketchup as opposed to lemon juice or extra ground black pepper? LOL
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'd doubt any place chi-chi enough for this to be frowned up wouldn't even have ketchup to begin with...

If I'm at a Chili's though and I want ketchup on my steak, then you better damn well go get the bottle from the kitchen, waitress bitch

I pay for the food and I'll ask for anything I want. Any chef getting offended can go fuck himself and try to create something that tastes better next time.

I wonder if chefs have good self-fucks on a daily basis...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information