Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Ray, hate her or love her?

Lightbulb Rachael Ray, hate her or love her?

I've always liked Rachael Ray, so I was wondering what any of you guys thought of her. I've been watching 30 Minute Meals since the early days...I like her other shows and I think she's got a cute personality. I've even used some of her recipes and they are really good. And, I like the fact that she's not bone skinny.

So I'm wondering, what's with all of the Rachael Ray hate that I see everywhere? I mean, there's a website called Rachael Ray Sux and I hear people trashing her all of the time, it's like you either love her or hate her--is there any middle ground here? Is she an evil and vile person in real life? Am I missing something?

Discuss...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Default Re: Rachael Ray, Hate Her or Love Her?

I like her 30 Minute Meals show... but I get bored with her $40 a Day show.

I don't know why so many people hate her... she's perky and a dork, but hate? They're just jealous because they can't make that stuff in 30 minutes.

I like her shows, but sometimes her dumb way of talking gets to me (EVOO, spoonula, stewp, GB that...) it is just too much.
    Keep passing the open windows.

I don't hate her, but to me she looks like the Ghost of Kelly Clarkson's Future. My BF has her cookbook; it works for him since I am never home to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow53 View Post
    I like her shows, but sometimes her dumb way of talking gets to me (EVOO, spoonula, stewp, GB that...) it is just too much.
    Those are actually called Spoonulas! lol. She didn't make that up. Martha Stewart loves them.

But yeah, she does have too many cutesy little thing... especially when she says EVOO several times in one show. And then sometimes will then explain what EVOO means... lol. So she really didn't save any time in abbreviating it.

I like her, but sometimes the crap that comes out of her mouth is just CORNY!! I can only watch her for short periods of time, otherwise she gets on my nerves.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood". --Oscar Wilde

There's a middle ground for me. I don't dislike her, but I do get annoyed at her voice/accent. And she's very enthusiastic - but she's basically harmless.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Don't hate her-like the $ 40 dollar a day show, but in the 30 minute one she is too hyper and annoying for me and sometimes I want to smack her but still it doesn't get to the point of hate or anything.

awwhh...rachael ray's a cutie!! how can anyone not love her? ok, so the enthusiasm in her voice can grate on ones nerves, but overall she's a fun and lovin' gal with some great (grate) 30 minute recipes!!

I love to watch 30-minute Meals and $40 a day. I dont make it a point to watch it but if its on Im watching. Hate is harsh, she can get on your nerves and some of the stuff she says is funny and some I just have to say WTH? I do get tired of hearing her say "Yumm-O" and how she will not really measure anything out except in the palm of her hand but then most of the chefs/cooks on the other shows dont really measure except Alton Brown.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tati
    There's a middle ground for me. I don't dislike her, but I do get annoyed at her voice/accent. And she's very enthusiastic - but she's basically harmless.
    That's exactly how I feel too...the voice can get very irritating, but basically, she's harmless.

Silver Member

I really like her, I think she knows that she is a dork she laughs at herself. Her cutsey way of talking makes me smile. She never annoys me.

I'm not really a fan of RR. I don't see the appeal of her, is it her druggie voice, her annoying catch-phrases, her arm spasms? What it is? Sure when she started it out I thought she was attarctive (not hot but decent looking) and then she got all screchy and crazy with her antics on the show. Not to mention that she has too much exposure on TV and that she's getting a talk show made by Oprah. I mean she's gonna burn herself out someday.

Oh well, at least I have Giada de Laurentis.

I've never heard of her. Whats the 40 dollars a day show about?

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    I've never heard of her. Whats the 40 dollars a day show about?
    It a show where she goes to a different city (like New York, London, Los Angeles, etc) and goes to different restraunts for breakfast,lunch, and dinner (sometimes a drink or snack) under a $40 budget for a whole day. Thing is anyone could be under a $40 budget in any city, and the only reason why Racheal never goes above budget is because she pulls out shitty tips.

All in all it's a useless show IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information