Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H2 0h no!

Default H2 0h no!

I have a problem with water, I'm not drinking enough of it. I just never really feel thirsty. I filled up a glass this morning (8am) and at 2:30pm am just finishing it.

I KNOW I need more, to make sure my body works properly but without the urge to drink, I just keep forgetting...even when it's right in front of me.

Can anyone else relate? Did you get over it and if so, how?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

If you're not thirsty, it generally means yer not dehydrated or lacking in water.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

I try and often fail to drink the recommended 2ltrs of water a day too. So I put a 2ltr bottle of water in the fridge and promise myself that by the end of the day the bottle will be empty. I often use it with some low sugar lemon cordial which seems to help. And I also use the water in the bottle to make 2-3 large mugs of green tea per day. Purists would say it's cheating but it's still water, albeit with some flavour.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

OMG you dont need to drink 2 litres of water a day LOL

that's like a huge coke bottle
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Ah, that would make sense. Seeeing as I sit on my rear all day, one glass oughta do me, thanks =)

I have no problem drinking at least 1 1/2 to 2 litres of water a day. Aside from coffee in the a.m. and a cup of tea at night, I don't drink anything else on a regular basis.

I have to drink a lot of water because I've got a bad kidney, so if I forget to drink at least 2 liters I feel pretty rough the next day.

Sugar-free Tang ( yes that orange powered stuff from my childhood!) has been my saviour when it comes to getting it down. I just add some of that if I get bored with drinking it straight. Chunks of lemon or a squirt of lime juice here and there help too.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

i drink a lot of water, i always have. there was a time though, the doctor told me to lighten up on my water intake, i was drowning my system. i didnt ask what i was doing, it scared the shit out of me, so i slowed down.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    I have a problem with water, I'm not drinking enough of it. I just never really feel thirsty. I filled up a glass this morning (8am) and at 2:30pm am just finishing it.

I KNOW I need more, to make sure my body works properly but without the urge to drink, I just keep forgetting...even when it's right in front of me.

I don't really like the taste of straight water; I used to drink maybe a glass a week, so I can relate. I now have a 32 oz. container, which I fill up with water, and add some Wal-Mart brand sugar free mix to (their version of Crystal Light), and drink one of those a day. It tastes great (cranberry apple is my fav, and I'm the type who usually hates anything diet!), and I get half of those 8- 8oz. glasses a day you hear so much about.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

A*O

Most 'experts' will say that in order to maintain a healthy level of hydration and/or keep toxins flushed out of your body then you need to drink 2ltrs per day. It's not THAT much. And if you are thirsty then you are already dehydrated.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post

I'm exactly like you. Well, I find water boring, it's tasteless! So unless I'm really thirsty, I don't drink it. But I drink teas and various others thru out the day. I agree with what Grimmy said though, if your body isn't craving it maybe it's not needing it.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thanks, but it's not the flavour that gets to me, I rarely drink juice either because I don't like sweets!

I drink about 2 liters a day. I start feeling really sluggish if I don't drink insane amounts.

I drink at least 2 litres a day - that's my minimum. I'm always thirsty though, so who knows what's up. I know I'm not diabetic, but I guess I just need a lot of water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information