Thread: Craving for sweets

Default Craving for sweets

Recently I have a strong craving for chocolate and sweets, especially when I'm pissed of. And no, I'm not pregnant. I normally eat pretty healthy but right now I could live from sweets and junk food.

Any advice? I'm pretty active, but I have a fear that I'll ballon up if I continue to stuff my face like that.

i had it too; i just ate for the sake of it. So i cut it out; no special advice, just stopped. When you dont eat it, you dont crave it. I forget what the cakes and chocolate bars i used to crave even taste like and i used to be a huge addict. Idont deprive myself, but i have small portions of sweets now and i have them once a week or something. And I snack on fruit and vegetables. Dont give into cravings.

Just do what I do, live in denial! I buy all those sugar free reeses peanut butter cups and other sugar free snacks and eat until I get sick thinking I'm saving myself all those calories!

Try mixing up your diet so you make sure you're not eating the same things over and over. If you get into a rut, you'll start to crave something/anything to get you out of it. That helps me along with eating lots of vegetables.

Sugar is definitely addictive, even more so if it's in chocolate. There have been times in my life where I literally couldn't get through the day without my 6pm chocolatey 'fix'.

My advice would be to try to go some days without any sugar whatsoever. It helps to tackle the addiction at its root, and after a while you're not even craving the stuff. I manage to go through most of the summer months without any chocolate, so it's certainly feasible.

If you can stay off sweets for a few days, maybe a week, you will start to find things like fruit to be more than sweet enough to hit the craving. I have an enormous sweet tooth but know this works because I managed to do it before. It's hard though. I'm finding it impossible to stick to now.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Thank you. I have in fact lived without sweets for months or even half an year in the past, and I don't even think about it, but once I start eating I really start to crave them. I guess I'll have to quit cold turkey again, and eat a lot of sweet fruits. It helps that I have a bit of an histamine intolerance and sometimes get sick from chocolate anyway...

Thread Information