Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My vent about my recipes

Default My vent about my recipes

A friend added me to a recipe exchange list with 10 other people. I usually cook the same things. Tried and true and crowd pleasers. She added me because she's eaten most of the meals.

Chicken Puttanesca, a rockin' Coq au Vin, Lobster with Mango (Silver Palate recipe), Chicken with Raspberries (with raspberry vinegar), Spinach/Ricotta Lasagna, Tangerine/Grapefruit/Red onion salad, Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic. Dessert is Chocolate Mocha Mousse with homemade chocolate/grand marnier truffles sitting on the plate. (Maida Heater's recipe for both)

That's it. All I got.

I received a couple of replies TELLING me that my recipes weren't good for kids, that they wouldn't like a lot of the ingredients.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I took an hour to type the one's that I've never written down before. I'm sorry they didn't say thank you, they sound delicious and leave it at that.

My friend was not offended when I sent my reply. I let her know that I did not appreciate the comments and to remove me from the list, I cc'd her and wrote..Sorry mine didn't work out....maybe you'll have a dinner party, they go over pretty well.....I just don't have any Campbell's Soup recipes.

Gold Member

They sound ignorant and unadventurous. Their idea of cooking for kids is probably chicken nuggets directly from the freezer to the oven.

Fo what it is worth, my 3 year old would eat your lasagna recipe and loves chocolate mocha mousse.

If it was a recipe exchange for kids recipes then you should have been told. They need to stop their bitching, open up a tin of spaghetti for their kids and cook your dishes for themselves.

They are total Philistines and do not deserve your delectable recipes. Next time you are cooking, do not invite your friend she doesn't deserve your delectable cooking, I think you should invite me instead.

Good for you on telling your friend what you thought. Yous hould be offended not her. You were just being honest, whereas the others were being catty bitches.

I bet they are jealous because you cook gourmet meals and they can't.

They are just ignoramuses who do not have your class\ or tact.

I think your recipes sound divine and I would not care if my daughter didn't eat them. Just more leftovers for me and hubby.

Really crass. What a waste of your time! They should have warned you "no more than 3 ingredients"! Copy & post on here, so we can properly appreciate you!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Ahh, screw em. Your recipes do sound great.

Yes, they do. What a classless, ignorant and ill-mannered response.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I just don't have any Campbell's Soup recipes.

Well done Chalet.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

A*O

^^^ What she said LOL. Screw em and let them enjoy their Cheeto Surprise.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

God, they all sound good to me!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can certainly rent it for a couple of hours.

Yum, yum
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

It's a shame that some parents don't realize that if you expose your children to all kinds of foods, and not expect them to only eat 'kid food', they will have a more adventurous palate and will be much more open to trying new things ... bonus, less fussing and whining at mealtimes.

What a bunch of jackasses. If you have the recipes handy post them here. I would love to have them. They sound great!

What a bunch of peasants. Honestly. Let them open their tins of soup and plop it over noodles. Fuck 'em. How ungrateful and ill-mannered of them.

If they had half a clue, they should be introducing their children to different flavours/ cuisines at an early age so they don't grow up to be pain in the arse fussy eaters who can't be taken anywhere. It's actually in the parent's favour. But if they are that lack-witted and short sighted, may they just exchange recipes for tater-tot casseroles and be done with it.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Oh Chalet, you make fat pregnant girl HUNGRY!!! Those sound so tasty.
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

^^ I know! I just ate breakfast but I want desert now... this sounds divine

Dessert is Chocolate Mocha Mousse with homemade chocolate/grand marnier truffles sitting on the plate.

*fooodgasms*
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

So.

Um, being the foodie I am... *drool*
    And being that you have a nice group of fans here drooling over the recipe names...

How do feel about sharing your recipes with us?

HA! There I've said it.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information