Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian Nutrition - I wanna puke!

Default Vegetarian Nutrition - I wanna puke!

I'm a proud veggy for about three years now and lately I've noticed I hate what I eat! I mean, my daily menu is mostly salad, veggy schnitzels and pasta.

That's what I've been eating for the last couple of years and I'm sick of it. I get nausea everytime I eat something and it's freakin' annoying.

Any suggestion? And don't tell me to eat meat, it's out of the question.

what about fish?
    my best friend's a semi-veggie - she hates red meat and poultry, always has, but she eats fish and seafood.
    also, try lentils, chick peas, quinoa, cous-cous... you can put lots of different things in there to get more variety. also more variety in your veggies - why not stir fries and roast veggies and skewered veggies and vegetarian lasagne, soups, etc...
    i love meat but i love veggies too and there are about a thousand different ways to cook them. sounds to me like you need some variety.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Listen to your bod-you might be low on some vitamins, but change things around. If you are feeling sickish, you are not getting what you need! Your diet sounds limited & boring! Perk it up & try something new every day!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What the others ^^ said - and also try adding nuts and seeds, nut butters on toast, etc. Yummy, a huge variety of available flavours, and they'll give you protein too.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

And spice it up too! Rotel or canned diced tomatoes + add small can green chilies. Olives?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Learn to make some Indian food it has hundreds of vegetarian options.

Quote Originally Posted by AuGusT View Post
    That's a great suggestion. I love Masala Rice with Potatoes. It's amazing what a delicious meal adding spices can make out of a simple rice and potato dish.

Gold Member

Hummus is vegetarian, and peantu butter is also, and has protein.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    I'm a proud veggy for about three years now and lately I've noticed I hate what I eat! I mean, my daily menu is mostly salad, veggy schnitzels and pasta.

That's what I've been eating for the last couple of years and I'm sick of it. I get nausea everytime I eat something and it's freakin' annoying.

Any suggestion? And don't tell me to eat meat, it's out of the question.
    Do you like to cook or not? I'm a vegetarian but I'm absolutely crap in the kitchen, so I mostly buy frozen prepared foods (anymore it's the same price as actually cooking). I live in America so I don't know what brands you might get in Aussie land, but I imagine there are some good ones. There's also tons of great soy products nowadays that taste like (or better than!!!!) meat.

In terms of cooking, my favorite things were super simple: broccoli and cheese, cauliflower and cheese, a big thing of green beans. My favorite fresh thing is to mix corn, black beans, and cut up tomatoes.

Also, you should watch your protein consumption and if it's low supplement your diet with a soy based protein drink. That always gave me a little extra get up and go. I should still be drinking it but I'm lazy and dumb
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Thanks aabbcc for those links....wonderful recipes found while browsing that I will keep in mind on my next trip to the grocery store~
    Playful~

Morningstar makes awesome veggie burgers, chicken patties, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, hotdogs, sausages...all kinds of stuff, i think they even make taco "meat". I'm a meat lover and I will take one of the veggie chicken patties over a real one anyday. I took some getting used to for me but I love them now, and everything is 50%-75% less fat.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

^^ Blackberry is in Australia, I think. She may not be able to get Morningstar Farms products, which are US-based. I live right next door to the US and I've seldom seen their stuff here in Canada. I know when I lived in a border city in Ontario, I still had to go to the US to buy them.

ohhh, that really sucks because they are good, i think they are better than the Boca stuff. I'm sure Australia has something along the same lines??
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AuGusT View Post
    My husband has been a non-fish eating vegetarian for more than 20 years and he swears by Indian cuisine. I am learning to make more of it because it is so varied and delicious, esp. for veggies like him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information