Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slimfast shakes??

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

Default Slimfast shakes??

hey, does anyone drink these?? if so what did you think of them??
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

In college (the first time around) when I was in my early 20's. But not so much for weight loss. Back then I worked out with weights about 4 days a week, ran (or played tennis) just about every day and one of my part time jobs was a physical one. I actually had problems getting enough to eat then! Since evenly spaced smaller meals have always worked better for me, back then for awhile one or two of those "meals" were Slimfasts.

For actual weight loss, no. Way too much sugar for one thing. I guess it's slightly better than eating nothing, but not much IMO. I'd rather pick foods that come out the same caloric count. More nutrients and more filling. Slimfasts to me are when you literally don't have time to actually sit down and eat. One other thing I can give them is they taste pretty decent.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

i was thinkin about tryin the optima ones cuz they are lower in sugar and higher in protein. some people are givin em pretty high reviews compared to the original ones.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I gained weight on these after my second was born 20 yers ago. That was because they were decent and I couldn't stick to just one

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bthin View Post
    i was thinkin about tryin the optima ones cuz they are lower in sugar and higher in protein. some people are givin em pretty high reviews compared to the original ones.
    What about fiber? I just have a hard time with the notion of 'drinking' my meals. That can't be healthy in the long run. I feel that any pounds lost this way will probably jump back on...along with a few extra friends it found while on temp hiatus!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I find that liquid meals don't work because your body misses the chewing and doesn't send the signal to your stomach that it's satisfied.

But I'm the kind of person who's a bottomless pit. I seriously eat all day and rarely feel full. Pity for me. I exercise like crazy and can't lose the last 10 lb.

it does have some fiber in it and alot of vitamins, too. i'm sippin on one as we speak and it tastes pretty good

ok, final verdict: its about 3:40 pm where i live, i drank the shake at about noon. i still feel full and pretty good as far as energy goes and it tasted yummy! i think i will keep these around!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I gained weight on these after my second was born 20 yers ago. That was because they were decent and I couldn't stick to just one
    I'm right there with you! I tried the chocolate malt ones (I think) a few years ago when I was a silly teenager thinking I was chubby but they were so good I started drinking them WITH my meals! Doh!
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

i used to go nuts with their snack bar things, oh they are so good!

Ive used the optima. They also have high protein and low carb versions. The low car version is GROSS. The high protein is ok. I like the optima. And yeah, the regular one has way too much sugar. They taste good and you can lose a couple lbs on them but they do nothing for hunger imo

Im a huge fan of green apples when Im dieting bc they have fiber and fill u up

OCD

They are junk food. Full of refined sugar, artificial colors and flavors and gross processed carb and milk based protein.

I wouldn't use them as a form of food.

Silver Member

i was still hungry after having them, then having to eat

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's what happened to me. Of course, I was running afer a toddler and a baby. I should have used more willpower, but I wasn't ready yet.

If I don't feel like breakfast and I'm not restricting sugar too much, I love the Optima Rich Chocolate Fudge. Nummies!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information