Thread: Cheesecake Factory...

Default Cheesecake Factory...

So I was planning on going there next weekend for a birthday dinner but ive been trying to get healthier and in better shape so I was wondering if anyone on a diet has gone there and what a healthy selection would be?...I mean it is my birthday so it doesnt have to be completely healthy I mean I could cheat a little I just dont want to completetly blow it...so any help would be much appreciated

Seriously, find the most delectable items on the menu and eat smaller portions than you would normally.

Its your birthday, and you are negotiating a minefield, so just go little booms, you wont feel as though it was a waste of time going either.

Gee, for my birthday or other big events, I just barely eat all day and then knock it all out at a restaurant.

That's probably why I haven't lost my extra 10lbs....

I go to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch when I'm in Houston and they have a ton of salads and pastas as well as lots of fish and chicken. There are plenty of healthy choices. They also offer lunch sized portions, which are slightly smaller and cheaper.

I just visited their website and there is a menu here if you'd like to check it out.

One thing I feel like I should warn you about is the tea... it's that "passion fruit" flavored iced tea and a lot of times they don't tell you that when you order it. IMO it tastes like perfume.

Southernbelle.....I just viewed that website and got diebeties.

Elite Member

lol I actually got hired there last year so I went through the training session but ended up taking another job

If you look at the menu southern belle linked to you should see that there are 20 some pages so you'll definitely be able to find something healthy in all that. Also most restaurants now have little icon thingies at the side of certain selections to draw your attention to diet-friendly items.

The only thing to be cautious of at Cheesecake Factory are the HUMONGOUS portion sizes. Just eat until you're full or finish a little before to save room for dessert!

Ooh also be prepared for a wait! It's always always always at least a half hour there sometimes 2 hours. but it's definitely worth it!
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

YUM YUM YUM!!! thanks so much everyone!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    lol I actually got hired there last year so I went through the training session but ended up taking another job

If you look at the menu southern belle linked to you should see that there are 20 some pages so you'll definitely be able to find something healthy in all that. Also most restaurants now have little icon thingies at the side of certain selections to draw your attention to diet-friendly items.

The only thing to be cautious of at Cheesecake Factory are the HUMONGOUS portion sizes. Just eat until you're full or finish a little before to save room for dessert!

Ooh also be prepared for a wait! It's always always always at least a half hour there sometimes 2 hours. but it's definitely worth it!
    Did you not take the job because they make you wear all white? I've always thought that was retarded. What a PITA for the waitstaff and their laundry.

True, the wait is bad, but the food is good. I actually went there this past Saturday, and only had to wait 15 minutes. Ok, so I went at 5:00 like an old lady, but I really hate waits!

I wish we had cheesecake factory but then I'd probably live there

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    Did you not take the job because they make you wear all white? I've always thought that was retarded. What a PITA for the waitstaff and their laundry.

True, the wait is bad, but the food is good. I actually went there this past Saturday, and only had to wait 15 minutes. Ok, so I went at 5:00 like an old lady, but I really hate waits!
    Yeah that was pretty silly. It can look classy I guess and distinguish the place from all the other semi-upscale restaurants in style but it's just not practical. Plus all the white shoes in the catalog they had me look through looked like they served an orthopoedic function. Not cute
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I wish we had cheesecake factory but then I'd probably live there
    Haha, me too.

Elite Member

and the salad is about the worst thing you can order. people always assume salads are healthy-but restaurants add tons of fatty dressing and ingredients, like full fat cheese and bacon sometimes. i recommend petit filet mignon with some steamed veggies.

Thread Information