Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you having for Christmas supper?

Default What are you having for Christmas supper?

So what are you having for Christmas supper? We're not being very traditional this year. On Christmas eve we're having Raclette with a Buche de Noel and on Christmas day we're having 2 types of fondue with Buche de Noel again.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

My MIL does Christmas dinner - and it's pretty standard fare (and what we have EVERY year):

Turkey
    Ham
    Stuffing
    Mashed Potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes
    Macaroni Salad
    Deviled Eggs
    Noodles
    Broccoli crap (rice/cheese/broc. casserole)
    Baked Beans
    Rolls

and for dessert:
    apple pie (w/ ice cream)
    pumpkin pie (w/ cool whip)
    assortment of cookies
    strawberry cheesecake
    jello cake
    banana split salad

Every year - it's a feast, but some variation would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I saw one a while back that had two guys dressed like pterodactyls and some chick doing stuff while a little unidentified dinosaur watched. It was at that point that I realized (hoped?) I'd reached the end of the internet.

When my mom was alive we used to have turkey every year. Now we don't. I miss turkey and all the trimmings, I'm lucky if I get to eat it once every 2 years. Every year I try to convince my father-in-law to make turkey, he made some last year so this time it's raclette.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

We always just go over to the inlaws for holidays like Xmas and Thanks Giving.
    We'll prolly have one of the three 1, roasted turkey 2, roasted chicken or 3, roasted ham.
    I'm gonna bring desert this year. Thinking of making cheese cake (pina colada flavour... )

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

We're going out for the second year in a row since my mother just can't handle it any more and this is what she wants. I am making a feast for Christmas Eve though.

Christmas Eve: Seafood appetizer, veggie pate, seafood lasagne, spinach salad with pear, walnuts and roquefort cheese, an assortment of baking and trifle. Plus, a separate vegetarian meal for hubby including stuffed portabello mushrooms and Christmas pudding with brandy sauce. I'll be busy, lol.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Aye...now I want to try and make a liqueur cake I love amaretto

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day. It'll be a BBQ for me this year. Thats why it never feels like christmas.

Christmas eve dinner includes:
    Various appetizers from M&M meats and
    Shrimp
    French onion soup
    Salmon for dinner with rice,bread, asparagus, Jello salad my favourite.

Desert
    English Trifle
    Nanimo Bars
    Christmas cookies.

Christmas dinner is up in the air cause we're going to relatives house.

Pretty much the exact same thing we had for Thanksgiving: turkey, dressing, veggies, casseroles, etc.

I do wish the two major food holidays weren't packed into a 6 week span, but I don't know where else it should be. I don't think Thanksgiving would feel quite "right" during the summer months.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

I'm doing Christmas Eve at my house for about 10 people (and the drifting friends that always seem to find our house!). We're having pizza and garlic bread, and Baker's Square holiday pies. Mmmm... French Silk! Oh, and lots of Bailey's Irish Cream in my glass! Could it get any easier? For the first time, I don't have to do anything but throw pizzas in the oven! We're forcing my hubby to make the mashed potatoes at my sister's on Christmas Day. He makes the best, artery clogging, buttery mashed potatoes. With lumps!

You guys are all having some good stuff here.

We're having a roast, potatoes, a salad, and some wine. Just the two of us this year- nice and quiet.

mmmm..these list make me drool!~~

I am doing a rosemary roast chicken..and also some kind of carrots glazed with a yam based reduction. Going to the parents house and they are having ham..and I do not eat ham!~ ( better to have more than one main dish anyway)
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

We're having interfamily fighting, bitter tears and indigestion. Oh, and turkey with cranberries and stuffing and a side of hemlock.

The family dinner is tonight and is mainly nibbles. Hors d'ouvre, cookies, cakes, cheese, crackers, fruit, pate etc. The extended family dinner is tomorrow and is the turkey/stuffing etc thing.

I've been making chocolate truffles. Quality ingredients are paramount so I've been extensively testing the liqueurs. I've got a good buzz going and so I'm going for a nap now. Cheers everyone!
    Last edited by twitchy; December 24th, 2006 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Iwas drunk.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    We're having interfamily fighting, bitter tears and indigestion. Oh, and turkey with cranberries and stuffing and a side of hemlock.
    Ah yes, the Eugene O'Neill Christmas. I know it well.

That's one reason why we go out to eat on Christmas Day now. Can't behave as badly in public...although we still have a few hours at home together first.

Christmas Eve is my favourite now, and no, I am not inviting my mother and her husband. One day is enough. I feel a bit mean, but I cannot abide my mother's husband two days in a row.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information