Thread: Best containers to use...

Default Best containers to use...

to freeze things? I am going to freeze some things for the crew to heat and eat when I am recovering. I just wondered what are the best containers to use...my plan is to make some spaghetti meat, plain ground beef, soup, chili, and perhaps a casserole or 2. That way, they can choose what to eat...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

i personally like to use disposable ziplock containers. they freeze, and they can go in the microwave so you can microwave defrost whatever the food is. and i also cover it with a ziplock freezer bag to keep it as fresh as possible while it's in the freezer.

A*O

If it's something 'liquid' like soup or meat sauce then I find reasonable quality 'tupperware' is best in the long run because it stacks neatly in the freezer without leaking and you can put it straight into the microwave. It also goes into the dishwasher and so can be used again. No need to buy real Tupperware (too expensive) but the really cheapo stuff can go a bit wonky in the microwave and tends to melt in the dishwasher so get something midway between the two.

Hint: Label the boxes clearly with the contents, how many serves it contains and how to defrost/cook.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

My plan is to start this this weekend...I have 4 days off for Christmas!! Woo Hoo!! And will probably make a few things then...I will probably buy some of the crock pot baggie things...I can probably muster the strength to put it in first thing in the morning...
    Crap, that means I have to clean out the freezer this weekend...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

A*O

Luckily I snagged a husband who is an excellent cook so I don't have to organise a food aid programme if I go away for a few days. Unfortunately he tends to create weird stuff the kids won't eat so I confess I do stock up the freezer with a few frozen 'TV dinners' (actually they are quite good these days) and I also make sure all the local take-out restaurant phone numbers are clearly displayed on the fridge door.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information