Thread: Satay

Default Satay

Has anyone made Satay? If so how do you make it and what do you serve it with? Is it a spicy dish?

Lil

I have. I made Delia's version for a party recently and it was really good. It wasn't very spicy, it only has one chilli in it. You have to be careful that the lumpy bits of peanut don't catch when you are grilling the little kebabs, but it was really simple.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...ce,934,RC.html
    A big boy did it and ran away.

It usually has a little heat, but it's up to you. Depends what kind of sauce you serve with it.

Satay is originally from Indonesia and is originally spelled "Sateh". You have Sateh Babi (pork), Sateh Ajam (chicken), Sateh Kambing (goat) and I'm sure a few more variations.
    The most important part about Sateh is the marinade which you can really make to your own taste. The original recipe does NOT include chili or coriander.
    You cut the meat in small parts, don't have to be cubes. It's important that, whatever marinade you make, you leave the meat in it for at least 5 or 6 hours so that the flavors can really penatrate the meat. Whenever we make Sateh, we cut and marinade the meat one day and don't roast it (like on the barbeque) until the next day.
    The sauce is heated separately in a saucepan. Some people prefer to cover the roasted Satehs with Ketjap (soy sauce), I prefer the peanut sauce. Again> you can make it as hot and spicy or mild as you wish. I don't really like spicy food, so I always have mild peanut sauce. Oh, and the sauce is cooked, not served cold. The total dish is always, traditionally, eaten hot, right off the grill/barbeque.
    It's one of my favorite dishes.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^^You're making me hungry.

Well Im sorry if I mispelled it. I Googled it (spelled Satay as per Rachael Ray) and it just brought up alot of different sites for recipes. I also saw at the grocery store, Kroger, a dry package you can make the sauce for, and its spelled Satay, Sateh.

Thread Information