Thread: Disney to serve healthier food at parks

Default Disney to serve healthier food at parks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061016/...NlYwNtZW5ld3M-

LOS ANGELES - The Walt Disney Co. will begin serving more nutritionally balanced meals at its domestic theme parks and will sign movie and other endorsement deals only with restaurants that limit fat and sugar in menu items, the company said Monday.
    Trans fats will be eliminated from meals at domestic parks by the end of next year, and will not be included in licensed and promotional products by 2008, Disney said.
    Disney Chief Executive Robert Iger said the move came in response to comments from parents about the eating habits of their children.
    The company was "well aware of the huge responsibility we have, given our reach and our ability to impact people's behavior and opinions," Iger told The Associated Press from Singapore, where he was on business.
    Given the increased attention to healthier eating, "it was the right thing to do," he said.
    Disney said it would implement the new guidelines over the next several years as current contracts expire.
    Iger said the company also sees a business opportunity in promoting and licensing healthier products, ranging from breakfast cereals to the children's meals it serves at its 11 worldwide theme parks.
    The entertainment giant currently licenses characters to Indianapolis-based produce distributor Imagination Farms LLC to provide fruits and vegetables for the Disney Garden brand.

But the bigger question here is: Will they still have beer every 3 feet in the parks?? GOD I HOPE SO. Makes Disney tolerable....

Zee

That's why we do Epcot. You can literally drink your way around the world- Disney style.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

A*O

If the Dismal Corp's idea of 'healthy food' is the same as McDonalds (have you tried a Macca salad? FOUL) then I can't see much improvement on the crap they already sell.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I eat healthy 90% of the time...I want crap food when I go to Disney or any other amusement park. I agree with you A*O, the food they try to pass off as "healthy" is some nasty rubbery chicken breast that's been over-marinated in some foul seasoning. Plus, they charge you a ton more for the healthy option.

Amusement park food is delicious and part of the experience. And the food at Disney parks is among the best. Don't punish everyone because you're afraid of getting sued by an individual who has no self control, eats like a pig, and then wants to find someone else to blame for their grotesque physique and obesity related health problems. I'm pretty sure that is the real reasoning behind this. I am very disappointed to hear this, and I feel like Disney is selling out. Offering healthy menu choices in addition to regular food is fine, but this is too drastic.

No offence to anyone but this is because of the overweight people. They dont know how to eat fatty shit in moderation, so they have to completely get rid of it and its not available for anyone else. Nothing wrong with some junk food once in awhile, I wouldn't eat it all the time though, which is why I'm thin.

^^^ exactly. ummm this "20 character minimum" is really a pain in the ass

Thread Information