Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diss a restaurant

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Diss a restaurant

Disclaimer: This thread is not to slander any restaurant but to provide one's experience and opinion. There's a difference between defamation and critique.

Hubby and I went to this vietnamese restaurant tonight. It's a pretty nice restaurant with fancy seating, setting, and plates etc.
    The food isn't superb, it's kinda meh but ok. What dissapointed me was that I ordered iced tea and they gave me this nasty stuff made from crappy cheap ass powder. My hubby had coke and his was flat...
    I returned my drink and told them I didn't like it and didn't want it, and would just have water instead...
    If anyone is interested, this was at Vina on Denman St. Vancouver...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

There's a pretty good Vietnamese place in Richmond called Green Lemongrass - it's on Westminster Highway near 3 Road. Very good stuff. The service isn't the best, but the food's great.

We went to Rosie's on Robson after the hockey game a couple of Sundays ago. My food was fabulous, but the bf ordered this chicken curry that should have been called chopped onions in cream. Gross, gross, gross. He complained, but the waitress just said that's how they made it. No attempt at any type of reconciliation.

Had a business lunch at Il Giardino on Tuesday. Opposite of the above. The service was fantastic. The food was great. Nice that I didn't have to pay, too

^^Any wait person should go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied IMO. I don't think you should kiss ass, but do more than this one did...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Ogrady's Bar and Grill, Toronto

NEVER EVER EAT THERE. The food is shite, it takes about an hour to get room temperature bar grub, the beer on tap is ALWAYS flat and warm.

Why people go there is beyond me. They need to fire their kitchen staff, the wait staff, all the staff but then you'd have a group of angry homos picketing outside.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

ANC

My friend found a roach in her Arby's hamburger this past week. No lie.
    Too many idiots, not enough villages.

Even though I like the food, every IHOP I've been to (with the exception of the one at Kirkwood and I-10 in Houston) is filthy and smells like a bathroom.

I've eaten at the one here in West Van and it's OK, but too expensive for what you get. Plus, they have a piano player on the weekend who plays unbearably loud Muzak. We ate there one Christmas Eve because it was the only thing open and that's what hubby's kids wanted. The service was great, even though we had two bratty kids with us.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Disclaimer: This thread is not to slander any restaurant but to provide one's experience and opinion. There's a difference between defamation and critique.

Hubby and I went to this vietnamese restaurant tonight. It's a pretty nice restaurant with fancy seating, setting, and plates etc.
    The food isn't superb, it's kinda meh but ok. What dissapointed me was that I ordered iced tea and they gave me this nasty stuff made from crappy cheap ass powder. My hubby had coke and his was flat...
    I returned my drink and told them I didn't like it and didn't want it, and would just have water instead...
    If anyone is interested, this was at Vina on Denman St. Vancouver...

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Olive Garden. They are pleasant enough with a nice atmosphere but the food is just, blah, cheap starches with fatty sauces, salads that are 99% iceberg lettuce, bland bread sticks,, etc... mainstreamed whitebread versions of Italian food. Save your money and go to a small neighborhood authentic Italian restauant.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    Olive Garden. They are pleasant enough with a nice atmosphere but the food is just, blah, cheap starches with fatty sauces, salads that are 99% iceberg lettuce, bland bread sticks,, etc... mainstreamed whitebread versions of Italian food. Save your money and go to a small neighborhood authentic Italian restauant.
    I totally agree! I've been to Olive Garden twice and both times I thought the food was mediocre at best. I don't understand all the hype about this place.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    I thought I was the only person alive who hates this restraunt. OVERRATED and OVERHYPED. The food is so blah and tasteless, I can't stand it. It is oddly, my mother's fave place, so I go maybe twice a year and always try a new dish, thinking perhaps I will find something edible. Nope. And I am Italian.

Although, I agree the atmosphere is nice and I do like their salad and breadsticks.

I too do not like Olive Garden. Way overrated.

Red Lobster too, though does anyone even go there anymore???

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I've never been to neither of them, now I'm very curious...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Red Lobtser is the fast food of sea-bug fare
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I've never been to neither of them, now I'm very curious...
    OMG totally go to Red Lobster and laugh your ass off. It's horrible.....the food, the ambience, the service. It's so bad it's hilarious.
    Course, I haven't been there since 1987.....so I could be wrong...

I once reviewed the Olive Garden in Edmonton. Let's just say that they pulled their ads from the newspaper after my review!

I avoid chains in general unless I'm desperate.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information