Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By DeChayz
  • 2 Post By SHELLEE

Thread: Jimmy John's yanks sprouts from restaurants nationwide as the FDA accuses the chain..

Default Jimmy John's yanks sprouts from restaurants nationwide as the FDA accuses the chain..

....selling 'adulterated' food linked to illness outbreaks over a 7-year period

I had no idea about this. I've never eaten there, but our daughter used to, with a friend. I thought they were some kind of sub shop? And what is "adulterated" sprouts and cucumbers???

https://www.businessinsider.com/fda-...tbreaks-2020-2

The Food and Drug Administration issued a warning letterto Jimmy John's last week that accused the restaurant chain of repeatedly selling vegetables linked to outbreaks of E. coli and salmonella.
    "Jimmy John's restaurants have been implicated in multiple outbreaks that have spanned the past seven years and impacted consumers in no fewer than 17 states," FDA Deputy Commissioner Frank Yiannas said in a news release Tuesday. "Jimmy John's has not demonstrated implementation of long-term sustainable corrections to its supply chain to assure the safety of ingredients used in its products."
    The FDA letter summarized evidence linking Jimmy John's to five illness outbreaks dating back to 2012. It accused Jimmy John's of engaging in a pattern of selling "adulterated fresh produce, specifically clover sprouts and cucumbers."
    "Taken together, these outbreaks, which spanned over the past seven years and impacted no fewer than seventeen states demonstrate the corporate-wide supplier control mechanisms you have in place for receiving fresh produce are inadequate," the letter said.
    Jimmy John's told Business Insider that it removed all sprouts from restaurants nationwide on Monday.
    The FDA letter demanded that Jimmy John's respond within 15 working days with "the specific things you are doing to address this violation."
    "Failure to promptly correct these violations may result in enforcement action by FDA without further notice, including seizure and/or injunction," the letter said.

Most stores around here have stopped selling sprouts because of the link to E. coli and salmonella. Not sure what methodologies are used during the harvest or growing, but it's not just Jimmy Johns. Shame as I love sprouts on a sammich!

ETA: clarification that I was agreeing rather than disagreeing. Because language hard.

Damn, there was an article about rocket being frequently contaminated not too long ago. I love my veggies.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I hate Jimmy John. One of my favorite city chains, Lee's Hoagies, sold out to them. And their hoagies don't compare.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Don't they do this every six months? I know someone who knows the owner of this place and the guy has a $60m yacht. It pisses me off because I've been making mediocre sandwiches in my house for years and yet...
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Isn't Jimmy John a trophy hunter?
    Beeyotch and Mivvi21 like this.

Yep.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Wait, that's a real name? "Jimmy John"???

I forget his last name, but yeah - he's friends with guy fieri and guy had him on ddd once

I've never eaten there and never will because of the trophy hunting bullshit.
    holly and Beeyotch like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

They were bought a long time ago. Trophy hunter is out. IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Isn't Jimmy John a trophy hunter?
    Yes, & this is the main reason I will NEVER eat there. He's a total douche trophy hunter. Disgusting.

Thread Information