Thread: Beautiful Skin Foods

SVZ

Default Beautiful Skin Foods

Skin Food is a term I created as short hand for a variety of vitamins and minerals that are essential for healthy soft tissues, organs and skin. These are foods you should accent if you have any skin problems, especially acne, vitiligo, psoriasis, eczema, hardening/bumps, keritinization, premature aging, hair loss, dandruff, stretch marks.

Skin food is also essential for healthy glands, which regulate metabolism and decide how "old" or young we really are. Without a strong thyroid or adrenal glands, we just can't feel or look good. Symptoms of low gland power and low metabolism are: fatigue, easily cold, cold extremities, slow wound healing and recovery, impaired memory/recall, constipation.

Other issues to look for are jagged cracks on the tongue; brain fog; red, irritated eyes; hypoglycemia and numerous nervous system disorders like insomnia, ADHD, anxiety and panic disorder, manic-depressive and obsessive-compulsive tendencies.

One of the problems with learning about health and what to do is there is TOO much information. This is one way to refine information so that you only have to focus on the essentials and let the rest take care of itself. If you focus on these nutrients plus calcium/magnesium, you can pretty much forget about the rest because you WILL be getting them as a good side-effect of good eating and proper supplementing.

Skin food nutrients are: A, E, essential fatty acids, C, all of the B vitamins but particularly B1, B6 and B12, Zinc and Iodine.

To get a good mix of all of these, accent in your diet:

Eggs, fish, oysters, clams, caviar

Wheat germ oil, Cod Liver oil, Fish oils

Emergen-C

Nutritional Yeast Flakes

Liver, pate

Coconut oil, Ghee, Olive Oil

Sweet Potatoes, Carrot Juice spiked with Cream

Almonds, brazil nuts, pistachios

Occasionally supplement wih Kelp (iodine), enjoy seaweed/sushi, or use Edgar Cayce's Atomadine from www.caycecures.com

Liquid or chelated Zinc supplements occasionally, especially if taking Cod Liver Oil

Quinoa, Wild Rice, Cream of Wheat

ReinaBikipatra

My tongue is fine but otherwise this is ME!
    Other issues to look for are jagged cracks on the tongue; brain fog; red, irritated eyes; hypoglycemia and numerous nervous system disorders like insomnia, ADHD, anxiety and panic disorder, manic-depressive and obsessive-compulsive tendencies.

ReinaBikipatra

Well my skin is rather flawless. I eat salad-mixed greens twice a day or more. I eat it for breakfast sometimes with tuna. Lots of broccoli. Fish or chicken with sauteed tomatoes, onions, peppers. I love turnips and cauliflower! Those are my "starches"! For a snack I eat soup or celery or Triskets and cottage cheese. (MY fave!) I LOVE carbs but I do not eat refined carbs. (champagne an exception!) I fucking think the potato is the yummiest thing on the planet but I don't eat it. Lasagna is fit for the gods...but I don't eat it. It is a lie that if you cut out carbs the cravings go away. I mean I am not HUNGRY but what does an appetite have to do with hunger?

ReinaBikipatra

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    I think I will make myself a nice salad with tuna for lunch tomorrow - that sounds good!
    It is tasty. I have read that you shouldn't eat tuna too often-mercury poisoning. But I go through four cans a week. MEOW!

For beautiful skin let's not forget to drink loads of water too!

I have a cup of coffee in the morning and a cup of green tea in the afternoon - the rest of the day is water water and more water. I used to be a diet coke junkie. I haven't had a diet coke in 6 weeks and the changes are very noticable. I used to drink several cans a day.

Really??? What difference have you noticed???
    I'm not addicted to diet coke but a few times a week I love it!

BLOAT for one. Since I quit I have noticed about 1/2 inch off my waist, no kidding. Also, I had some cellulite on the back of my upper thighs - not a lot of but it was definitely there. Now it is barely noticable. But keep in mind, I drank 3 or 4 cans a day along with a few cups of coffee per day.
    Thanks!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I quit the whole soda thing a few years ago, just having the occasional one now (once or twice a month) and it really does make a difference. Your skin is better, you're thinner, you tend, for some reason to eat better. Also, obviously, lay off the booze. It is horrible for your skin.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I quit the whole soda thing a few years ago, just having the occasional one now (once or twice a month) and it really does make a difference. Your skin is better, you're thinner, you tend, for some reason to eat better. Also, obviously, lay off the booze. It is horrible for your skin.
    Buttmunch you know what the thing is? First of all I like diet coke, and second, like I wrote in the appetite suppressant thread, a can in the afternoon makes me feel full and forget about the cookies.
    Yeah ok, if I'm hungry in the afternoon I could eat 2 sticks of celery , but then healthy or not I gladly stick to diet coke

By the way I only have it like once or twice a week, so no big deal anyway.

But it was very interesting to hear about your and lalaland's experience, I'll keep it in mind.

Thread Information