Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: All Cheese All the Time

Default All Cheese All the Time

Since we always mange to detour into cheese talk, I thought I'd start a new thread to tell you about this insanely good Sartori I had at a wine and cheese last night. Its basically just a bellavitano with herbs de provence seasoning the crust. i am truly in love and was excited to see that my Whole Foods has it. Score!

But looking at Sartori's website I'm worried this might be a limited edition cheese, I hope not because its amazing. They do have a merlot bellavitano that I'm eyeballing, but not sure how that would work. I'm sure I can find something to do with it. Probably dessert.
    KrisNine likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I HIGHLY recommend the Murray's bellavitano! They sell Murray's at my King Soopers and it is a chore not to buy it all.
    greysfang and KrisNine like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Herbs de Provence Bellavitano is my favorite!!! It's like crack. I was just going to buy some today actually.

It's not a limited edition cheese but it's only available at Whole Foods.

The Merlot is also amazing but not as good as the HDP.
    KrisNine likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I wish I would have read this before I left work. I just got back from WF. Darn. It's sounds wonderful.
    Novice likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

You bitches. Like I need to expand my cheese addiction.

OMG there is a cheese thread???

Guys, I had a pecorino with truffle that completely blew my mind, it was that good!

I also bought plain pecorino to make a special recipe I found for carbonara with gnocchi. Unfortunately I ate the pecorino on crackers before getting to it. I may have a problem
    Your bum has feelings, your bum is a part of you
    Donít put it on chairs, your bum has an opinion, yeah

Hmm. Truffle pecorino would be amazing with cacio e pepi. I need to find that. I'm one of those people who's on the fence about truffles. It's kind of an acquired taste for me and I think the gouda especially smells like old tires, but I think it would be great with pasta.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I always say I could go meatless before I could go cheeseless. Unfortunately my husband is the same. During winter (who am I kidding, I'm not limiting it to winter) we could potentially double our body weight with eating all the fondue and raclette. We have to set limits. That being said, it's always a big fight with cheese. We buy nice cheese, put it in the fridge, and next time I open the door it's already gone. I don't know when and how he manages to eat it away from me, but he's really good at that.

Last week we bought an amazing camembert from buffalo milk. Lasted two days, not bad.
    -

I wish I had a raclette machine...I have a cave-aged Emmentaler in the fridge right now that I need to eat...

The Bellavitano herbes de provence is one cheese that it is very difficult for me to stop eating. I'm pretty good at self control, but I could have a whole wedge of it and barely notice I've eaten all of it until it's gone. I think part of it is that there tiny salt flakes and combining that with the salty cheese is like crack to me. And the lavender...
    greysfang and BITTER like this.

We have a good raclette machine, but also one of those if we don't have friends over or don't want the whole thing - you just put two or more small candles underneath and that's enough to melt the cheese.
    -

If Santa didn't hate me, I could get one of those for Christmas. Sigh. I would also like to do some fondue this winter. We'll see. I just feel like a cheese-melting machine is a necessary item for my life.
    sprynkles likes this.

At the street i lived on at Lyon last June,there was this tiny market run by a middle aged local couple.They spoke no English ,only the French of Lyon that is not so easy to get.There was nothing labelled,hardly priced and they had that dark yellowish buttery cheese with a slight sour aftertaste that i lived on for 7 days...They had no certain working hours..i got addicted and i almost cried when it was closed my last afternoon there..When i got out for dinner later,the light was on!!!!I dont know how that cheese is called and i didnt find it anyplace after Lyon.I am lucky.I would be as big as a house eating it...

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    If Santa didn't hate me, I could get one of those for Christmas. Sigh. I would also like to do some fondue this winter. We'll see. I just feel like a cheese-melting machine is a necessary item for my life.
    I almost started fondue season this Wednesday. We were at a restaurant that belongs to a friend of us, and she has the best cheese fondue. She gets it from a really small local cheese factory. We were thisclose to order it but we decided against it. Cheese coma on a Wednesday is not the wisest thing to do.
    Waterslide and Novice like this.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Hmm. Truffle pecorino would be amazing with cacio e pepi. I need to find that. I'm one of those people who's on the fence about truffles. It's kind of an acquired taste for me and I think the gouda especially smells like old tires, but I think it would be great with pasta.
    I love real truffles but I hate truffle oil which is what most truffle flavoured food contains. Truffle oil tastes like chemical-y butt crack. I do like truffle cheese when it’s got real truffle and you can see the little specks.
    MontanaMama likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    I almost started fondue season this Wednesday. We were at a restaurant that belongs to a friend of us, and she has the best cheese fondue. She gets it from a really small local cheese factory. We were thisclose to order it but we decided against it. Cheese coma on a Wednesday is not the wisest thing to do.
    I think I deserve a cheese coma on a Wednesday with the way my life is going right now. I have two fondue pots and I never use them anymore. I should remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I love real truffles but I hate truffle oil which is what most truffle flavoured food contains. Truffle oil tastes like chemical-y butt crack. I do like truffle cheese when itís got real truffle and you can see the little specks.
    I didn't like the specks for a long time, but I've worked on it and now I like the gouda with truffles. It took a bit of effort though. I do think that truffle oil gives off a sort of gasoline smell sometimes, though. The only time I eat anything with truffle oil is the one or two times a year I go to Smashburger and get their mushroom burger and that's pushing the limits for me. I think there's enough going on with the burger that the truffle part gets a bit subdued. It's so weird because I love every single kind of (edible) mushroom on earth except for truffles.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information