Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Sad Brits loose their sh1t as Heinz launch mayonnaise/ketchup “sauce”.

Default Sad Brits loose their sh1t as Heinz launch mayonnaise/ketchup “sauce”.

Mayochup is here! Shoppers queue up outside as Heinz's 'Saucy Sauce' goes on sale in the UK - and fans hail the condiment a 'game changer'

By Leigh Mcmanus For Mailonline12:10, 23 Aug 2019, updated 12:16, 23 Aug 2019

Saucy sauce', an amalgamation of Heinz tomato ketchup and mayonnaise, hit UK shelves today - and people cant wait to get their hands on it.

The 400ml bottle, which is available in Tescos (nice advert for a overpriced supermarket there #dailyfail) is priced at £2.69 - working out more expensive than buying the individual bottles and mixing them yourself.
    The supermarket giant is one of the first to stock the creation and its Regent Street saw crowds queuing outside the door this morning, and passers-by treated to samples at the official launch.
    Social media was awash with excitement, with TV personality Bobby Norris describing it as a 'game changer' as another person said they couldn't even sleep due to excitement.

+9

Shoppers queue outside of Tesco Metro as the store becomes one of the first in the UK to stock the new Heinz Saucy Sauce following a Twitter poll demanding it's introduction to the UK The 'marriage' of two favourites, which was already available in the US, is now available closer to home after 60,000 members of the British public voted in a Twitter poll to make the sauce available in stores.
    The launch will put an end to the struggle for those who like to mix their own Heinz Ketchup and Heinz mayonnaise together.

The announcement came in the form of a newspaper marriage notice, which read: 'Heinz of London formally announces the marriage of Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise and Heinz Tomato Ketchup'.
    Lucy Cooke, Heinz Saucy Sauce Brand Manager, said: 'We're very excited to finally be launching Heinz Saucy Sauce in the UK, following last year's deciding Twitter poll.

+9

The 400ml bottle, which is available in Tesco, is priced at £2.69 - working out more expensive than buying the individual bottles and mixing them yourself. Pictured in Tesco on Regent St

+9

Tesco at 17-25 Regent Street in Central London was one of the first Tesco stores in the UK to stock Heinz Saucy Sauce and passers-by were treated to samples
    'It's the perfect marriage of two of the nation's favourite sauces, true sauce mates you might say, and at Heinz we feel like proud parents!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...ermarkets.html

Oh and the “nation’s favourite sauce” is Heinz Salad Cream.....

Brits love weird condiments that much or are they just trying to stock up before Brexit?

Meanwhile, on this side of the pond:

Kraft Heinz acknowledges ‘Mayochup’ can have very different meaning

BY STAFF THE CANADIAN PRESS
    Posted May 19, 2019 7:01 pm
    Updated May 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Mayochup from Kraft-Heinz. (CNW Group/Kraft Heinz Canada)

TORONTO — Kraft Heinz has acknowledged an “unfortunate translation” of its latest buzzy condiment of pre-mixed mayonnaise-ketchup that has reached Canada.

Mayochup, which was a crowd-sourced name, can mean something entirely different in some Cree dialects, according to linguists and Cree-speakers.

Arden Ogg, director of the Cree Literacy Network, said that around the community of Moose Factory in northern Ontario, the name can be heard as “shit face.”

“(This) happens to match the very vulgar English idiom for extreme drunkenness, and so it begins to be used that way, at least around Moose Factory,” said Ogg in an email.

She said mayo sounds like the Cree word “meyiwi,” which means feces, while the second half sounds like eye, which in parts of northern Ontario is also used to mean face.

Heinz spokesman Michael Mullen said the company has heard of the translation, which has caused a stir on social media.
    “We have heard about the unfortunate translation of Mayochup in Cree, and the only thing we want our consumers, whichever dialect of Cree they speak, to have on their faces this summer is our newest condiment mash-up,” said Mullen in an email.
    Waubgeshig Rice
    @waub

I have some important information to distribute about Mayochup, first shared with me by Jonathan Solomon of Kashechewan First Nation

11:17 PM - May 16, 2019

Mayochup hit U.S. shelves last year after a viral Twitter campaign to choose a name for the condiment, and bottles of it have arrived in Canada this month and will continue to be sold while supplies last.

The Cree translation of Mayochup was first shared on Twitter on May 16 by CBC radio host Waubgeshig Rice who cited Jonathan Solomon of Kashechewan First Nation.

Cree was reported as the most widely-spoken Indigenous language in Canada in the 2016 census with 96,575 speakers, although they are heavily concentrated in the Prairies.

Ogg said that for Cree-speakers looking to “reclaim their language,” this translation is a word they’ll probably never forget.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5294292/m....google.com%2F
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Brits love weird condiments that much or are they just trying to stock up before Brexit?
    Or they have very sad lives?????

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Heinz spokesman Michael Mullen said the company has heard of the translation, which has caused a stir on social media.
    “We have heard about the unfortunate translation of Mayochup in Cree, and the only thing we want our consumers, whichever dialect of Cree they speak, to have on their faces this summer is our newest condiment mash-up,” said Mullen in an email.
    Waubgeshig Rice
    @waub

There is just so much wtf in that statement for me!!!!
    Kittylady likes this.

I don't think people are lining up here for this shitface sauce though.

Remember the last time they came up with one of these limited edition condiment things around 2000?

and, of course, green, which looked like someone had scraped algae off the sides of a fishtank.

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I won't be losing my mind about it. If I want a ketchup/mayonnaise mash up I'll do it myself instead of buying yet another bottle to lurk in the fridge until one of us decides to check the expiry date and hoys it straight into the rubbish.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

It would probably be cheaper to mix your own too.
    Novice, Kittylady and BITTER like this.

That purple & green stuff looks horrible.

I thought a mayo-ketchup mix was (the start of) “rose marie” sauce?

I notice that Heinz are really pushing their mayo - they’ve copied the Hellman’s colours and everything when I was shopping I thought that Heinz had bought Hellman’s....

Heinz only recently got into making mayo so I assume copying the look of the more established Hellmans is quite deliberate.
    Novice likes this.

Ah! I thought i’d missed something as I don’t buy it.

So you're not in line to get Saucy Sauce?

Not Heinz’s

well well well. Good for you!

Only in my dreams! Trust!!!

Jfc, I'm gagging so hard at all of it!! Why would you do that to perfectly good looking fries????
    "Please, I can't breathe."

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information