Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Favourite Cuisine

A*O

Default Favourite Cuisine

If you had to, which style, culture or country’s cuisine would you live on for the rest of your days and why?

For me, Italian or Indian but just for its variety and deliciousness I’d pick Italian.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I could never pick...this is a tortuous question. Either Italian, American South, Japanese, or Mexican.
    Novice and BITTER like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

yummm food.

there's an indian restaurant we love in the mission. or at least we thought it was indian. but when we asked a southeast asian aquaintance, he said it was more pakistani than indian.
    vietnamese. including pho.
    sushi.
    italian.
    Waterslide likes this.

My homemade spinach lasagna, homemade tomato basil sauce, big salad, roasted vegetables and homemade garlic bread with the big pieces of garlic. I mix fresh garlic with garlic powder in a bowl with butter and olive oil and spread it all over.

I roll mine so each person gets their own neat portion.

Waterslide, Novice and sprynkles like this.

@ czb
    ^I love Pakistani food...I know it's a subtle difference (to me) between that and Indian food, but I love all of it. I'm kind of a spice wimp so I don't eat the stuff that will blow your head off. I wish I could, but my tastebuds don't agree.

I realized I never said why I picked my choices.

Italian food because it has everything - pasta, seafood, cheese. I'm usually pretty polite but I told someone their face once that I thought they were flat out weird and something was wrong with them for not liking Italian food. I just can't relate to that. Even/especially the healthy stuff.

Southern American cuisine because I feel like it's underrated and it incorporates cooking from a ton of different cultures and also because fried chicken is manna. But there is so much more to it than fried chicken and barbecue. It takes a lot of very cheap and readily available foods and elevates them to something divine that you can dress up or down. And then there's just Cajun food by itself and I could easily live on that, too. It's not all fried junk food...it's just hardy.

Japanese food because it's amazing, it's full of seafood, it's beautiful to look at, and I feel like even the deep fried choices are "healthier" and lighter than other stuff. Desserts are less sweet. And you feel less guilt for fried food and carbs because it's pretty balanced as long as you eat the ten bazillion veggies you can get with it. Also because sushi.

Mexican food probably for the same reasons I love American food - it's more versatile than Taco Hell will have you believe - but also because I crave chilies and jalapenos often. Honestly, I probably crave Mexican food the most - the smell of the corn tortillas, the spices...must stop talking about it now.

@ Chalet - that looks so good! I make something like that...spinach pinwheel something or other, but it's basically rolled up lasagna with spinach in it.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^ Yeah, that's all it is. I saw it in a pasta ad I think. Even though I don't eat chicken anymore, I'd definitely have to say Indian Chicken Tikka Masala. I'm so glad I learned to use indian spices, now I put them in my vegetarian dishes.
    Waterslide likes this.

I looove tikka masala. So good!

It’s a toss up with Italian and Mexican.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Italian - I love pasta, cheese and garlic. British - just because it is pure comfort food.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I'm with Shellee...I love Italian and Mexican with a passion. I could swap them up daily forever. I'd weigh a million pounds, but I'd die happy.
    SHELLEE and Daphodil like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    yummm food.

there's an indian restaurant we love in the mission. or at least we thought it was indian. but when we asked a southeast asian aquaintance, he said it was more pakistani than indian.
    vietnamese. including pho.
    sushi.
    italian.
    and there is the basis of my problem lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    My homemade spinach lasagna, homemade tomato basil sauce, big salad, roasted vegetables and homemade garlic bread with the big pieces of garlic. I mix fresh garlic with garlic powder in a bowl with butter and olive oil and spread it all over.

I roll mine so each person gets their own neat portion.

that is a great idea Chalet! I’m going to try that once I’m back on “real food”.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Italian - I love pasta, cheese and garlic. British - just because it is pure comfort food.
    I do think that there is nothing like a roast chicken with crispy skin, gravy and Yorkshire puds with lots of al cente green veg. I think that is one of my favourite meals.
    The middle European “winter” foods, goulash, dumplings, stews, soups, they are my comfort food.
    twitchy2.0 and Sleuth like this.

Soul food/Southern US cuisine, Mexican, Cuban, Belgian (I love Belgian food)
    Waterslide, SHELLEE and Sylkyn like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Mexican/Italian.

Mexitalian?
    SHELLEE likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Greek food,and not because i am native,but it really is delicious and healthy.I like French food too.i adore their bakeries and some asian dishes too.
    SHELLEE and MontanaMama like this.

Italian. I love pasta pretty much anyway you make it. And such a variety of meats, vegetables, and sauces.

I also love indian and persian. Basmati rice is heaven.

And throw in in fried chicken and biscuits for good measure from the American south.
    Waterslide likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information