Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Brookie

Thread: Jelly Belly creator releases cannabis-infused jelly beans

Default Jelly Belly creator releases cannabis-infused jelly beans

Just in time for Jeff Spicoli's Easter basket:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...318-story.html

From candy to cannabis, David Klein has always been an innovator.

The creator of Jelly Belly recently started a company to sell CBD-infused jelly beans.
    Klein, a renowned candy inventor, started Jelly Belly in 1976 and has continued making new treats through the years even after selling the world famous jelly bean company in 1980.
    His concoction is infused with cannabidiol, commonly referred to as CBD, which is a trendy compound extracted from cannabis that’s said to have health benefits like easing anxiety and pain without the psychoactive component of THC that is present in marijuana.

His new brand, Spectrum Confections, has seen so much success selling the jelly beans that it is currently only accepting wholesale orders from people who supply their own CBD for the process.

Klein has a patent-pending process for infusing the CBD into the beans. Afterward, they are sanded with sugar because “CBD isn’t always the best taste” and the coating is an easy way to mask it.

The jelly beans come in 38 different flavors, including toasted marshmallow, pina colada, strawberry cheesecake, cinnamon and mango, Klein told Cannabis Aficionado.

The Spectrum jelly beans will come in sweet, sour and sugar-free varieties.

For now, the company accepts a minimum order of 8,000 pieces and a maximum of 32,000 pieces. Prices are not available on Spectrum Confections’ website until a customer sets up an account.

The company’s online store is currently out of stock, but interested customers can fill out a contact form for more information or to make a request.

I just put my name on their email list to be notified when the stock is replenished. I can't stand jelly beans, but it's got to be a tastier way to get my CBD.
    sputnik and gas_chick like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

don't you like gummies?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't like any kinda jelly anything, but I'd do these with cannabis in them. Pain management for my arthritis.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I'd try it if one of the flavors was juicy pear. Although that might be a bad idea .... I can't stop eating them. My doctor is still pushing for me to use marijuana for insomnia and severe anxiety, instead of the anti-insomnia meds and Xanax I take now. It's about to become legal (if it hasn't already late last week when they were voting on the tax) recreationally in Jersey, but it's still going to cost a fortune. I think anyway .... they were throwing out numbers for an ounce. I have no idea how much an ounce of pot is or how long it would last .... and I'm still not convinced this is going to be my magic answer. I seriously do NOT want to smoke it, vape it, or eat it. I did however see gel tablets with CBD in them at my local pharmacy the other day. They were 4 tablets for $10.99. They had gummies too and there were a few more pieces for also $10.99.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Can you do the cookies, Brookie? My friend does macaroons and only needs like a quarter of one.

Thread Information