Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The OK Cook

Default The OK Cook

All right friends, so I have decided to make my own You Tube Channel. I named it "The OK Cook," because I am really just a marginal/adequate cook. So I take nice pretty recipes posted on the internet and make them in real life, so you can see how they turn it. So far, the outcome is not well. I try to interject some funny, but I am really curious to your thoughts to my videos.

https://youtu.be/IRIUxUg5p0I

https://youtu.be/knOaAtNBCBA

Oh, and if you want to like my video, leave me a comment, or subscribe to my page, or share with friends, feel free!

Kinda nervous on your responses. I know you can be a rough crowd!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

It's nice to put a face to a name! You look great! I really like the concept as I can totally relate to it. You have a good on camera presence too.

Constructive criticisms: I did not like the vertical filming in parts of the chicken one. Overall the audio is not great which made it hard to listen to/hear at times.

Otherwise very good. The cheeseburger fries looked totally gross lol. I subbed!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Yeah, that was the first one, and I was trying to fit everything in the shot, but I figured it out by the second one. Did you like the music in the background or no? And I got a smokin deal on a 4k camera from Amazon, so I'm looking forward to using it next week.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Honestly; I didn't notice any music at all.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

I love the music. And the graphics. I am always grabbing hot pan handles and while watching you, I knew you were going to grab that while you were talking. Ouch!

The Cheeseburger Fries video was hilarious. And the best part was the end with you and your son. I noticed he's a lefty. He's probably very smart and witty! The comments you added were awesome.

You're so brave to be doing this. I really admire you!
    Last edited by sprynkles; February 16th, 2018 at 10:18 PM.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I like the music, I like the little written comments throughout the video too; I've only watched the 1st one, but yeah, the sound suddenly got way lower in one segment for a good few minutes, and then louder again.

^^Yeah, I think I jacked something up with the sound in editing, and couldn't fix it.

Every time I say to myself, don't forget the handle's hot. I forget every time.

I tried to have my usual snarkiness in the comments. I guess I'll have Drew in all my segments! Originally, it was supposed to be the kid that recommended the recipe, but he took off. He never ate a bite of it.

Subscribed! Not good to be in bed looking at delish chicken. Now I'm hungry. More chicken recipes please.

A*O

It's a very useful pan/pot which you no doubt use all the time. So invest in a good quality one whose handle doesn't get so hot? My sister is a keen and good cook but insists on using the cheap POS pans she used at uni many years ago. I've lost count of the number of scalds and blisters I've scored off the fucking things.

I think your OK Cook concept is a good one. It's a more realistic aspiration than trying to match Martha or Nigella.
    BITTER and LaFolie like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Subscribed! The real you is so much more attractive than your avi.

Full disclosure, I didn't actually watch much of the video, as I'm vegan, and get irritated when I look at foods I know I'd love but can't eat. You're the OK Cook, and I'm the Irritated Vegan. What I did watch was fun and funny, though. Good luck, and keep us posted - I think it's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Subscribed! Not good to be in bed looking at delish chicken. Now I'm hungry. More chicken recipes please.
    Do you have one you would like me to make? I'm looking for ideas for tomorrow's dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's a very useful pan/pot which you no doubt use all the time. So invest in a good quality one whose handle doesn't get so hot? My sister is a keen and good cook but insists on using the cheap POS pans she used at uni many years ago.
    It's actually sorta expensive. It's an oven proof pan, so you can put it in the oven and the handle won't melt. So that's why the handle was hot; it wasn't from cooking on the stovetop.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Subscribed! The real you is so much more attractive than your avi.

Full disclosure, I didn't actually watch much of the video, as I'm vegan, and get irritated when I look at foods I know I'd love but can't eat. You're the OK Cook, and I'm the Irritated Vegan. What I did watch was fun and funny, though. Good luck, and keep us posted - I think it's a great idea.
    Cool. I'm not vegan, know nothing about being vegan, but would love to try cooking a vegan recipe if you have one.

You know I'm already hooked!!!
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

If you leave a towel or hot pad on the handle, you'll remember it's hot. I learned that from some TV Chef.

While I did like music in the first video, the second video was fine without the music. Sometimes with a longer video the repeating loop of music can get annoying. Maybe that's just me though.
    Last edited by sprynkles; February 17th, 2018 at 11:49 AM.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

So my vegan friend in NYC just sent me a recipe to try. Said it should be easy. Something called tempeh. WTF is that? What did I get myself into?

I live by the Three & Four Ingredients cookbook. Will check out your youtube channel this afternoon!

Lalasnake likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information