Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Happy Kwanzaa, Gossip Rocks!!!

Default Happy Kwanzaa, Gossip Rocks!!!

Since today is the first day of Kwanzaa, you KNOW what I am posting about:

The original:
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

And those who've been inspired by her, our White Kwanzaa Goddess:

greysfang likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I happened to watch that Sandra Lee video on YouTube last night and immediately thought of you, Bitter. As much as I shaded that show, I wish Food Network would bring it back and give her an hour daily for her edible nightmares.
    BITTER likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Me too Laurent. I miss the tackiness of her.

We'll always have YouTube I guess.
    Laurent likes this.

This one and the Hanukkah one with all the not kosher ingredients are the Sandra Lee best of the best.
    Laurent and BITTER like this.

LMAO, I knew what this was gonna be about. It just isn't Kwanzaa until the drunk, rich white lady makes a cake with apple pie filling. (I wanted to say bakes a cake, but then I remembered she didn't even bake that shit, it was store bought.) Happy Kwanzaa!

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

My favorite part might be that she insists on calling those corn nuts "acorns" the whole episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    LMAO, I knew what this was gonna be about. It just isn't Kwanzaa until the drunk, rich white lady makes a cake with apple pie filling. (I wanted to say bakes a cake, but then I remembered she didn't even bake that shit, it was store bought.) Happy Kwanzaa!

I knoooow!!! There is no baking in any way, shape, or form involved. Everything came straight from the store. All that making things from scratch thing is cutting into prime drinking cocktails time.
    Waterslide and BITTER like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    My favorite part might be that she insists on calling those corn nuts "acorns" the whole episode.
    Oh God, yes, that still makes me laugh. Acorns. FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I knoooow!!! There is no baking in any way, shape, or form involved. Everything came straight from the store. All that making things from scratch thing is cutting into prime drinking cocktails time.
    Egggs-ac-shully! She needed to learn to multi-task. I'm sure lots of 50s housewives were baking homemade bread, pies, and cakes on booze and valium, so what's Sandra's excuse?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I miss her. There was no one as snarkworthy as Sandy. Not even Guy Fieri.

Did anyone make this for their family?

^^ that shit is an insult to my profession!
    BITTER, Brookie and Waterslide like this.

You design cakes? She said 'my beautiful cake'. This woman is delusional. How did she ever get a show or just get away with the look of these cakes? Food Network used to be good in the 90s. They had great people and standards.

Thank you for clarifying cause I didn't know what those were.

Did the frosting have to look like liver pate? Couldn't she have used better proportioned candles?

Thank you, Bitter. Got a good laugh as always.

WOMAN BEHIND ‘SANDRA LEE KWANZAA CAKE’ EXPLAINS DEBACLE

EURPUBLISHER01DECEMBER 16, 2010

*Before Duncan Hines came along with their controversial “Hip Hop Cupcakes,” Sandra Lee introduced her “Kwanzaa Cake” several years ago on her Food Network show “Semi Homemade” — a recipe one critic called “an edible hate crime.”

Denise Vivaldo, the woman who actually came up with the recipe for Sandra Lee’s now-infamous Kwanzaa concoction – an angel food cake with chocolate and cinnamon flavored vanilla icing, corn nuts, popcorn, pumpkin seeds and apple pie filling – has come forward to explain how she could make a cake that tasted so incredibly bad. Another reviewer at the time mentioned taking the cake to a party only to have her guests gag and spit it out.

Food critic Anthony Bourdain said of Sandra Lee at the time: “The most terrifying thing I’ve seen is her making a Kwanzaa cake. Watch that clip and tell me your eyeballs don’t burst into flames. It’s a war crime on television. You’ll scream.

Vivaldo also made a Star of David cake for Chanukah that brought so many complaints that Food Network took the recipe off the episode guide. The recipe called for an angel food cake filed with marshmallows – which are not Kosher. They contain gelatin and most readily available marshmallows are made with pork gelatin.

Vivaldo, whose title is “Seasoned Food Professional,” wrote a rather long piece on The Huffington Post to explain how she came to create the recipes for both The Kwanzaa Cake and the Star of David Cake. Here’s a hint: she had bills to pay.

Below, Vivaldo’s column in its entirety:

The Making of the Infamous Kwanzaa Cake
    Okay, I’m only going to say this once and then I’m leaving the country. Seriously, by the time this post is up, I’ll be in Thailand. I think it’s better for everybody.

Here’s the truth. I wrote and sold the recipe for the Kwanzaa cake to Sandra Lee and, while I’m confessing my soul, yes, for Christ’s sake, the Chanukah cake, too. There, I said it.

Forgive me Father.

Woman behind 'Sandra Lee Kwanzaa Cake’ Explains Debacle | EURweb

Sandra cooked up so many culinary horrors along the way.

BITTER and Waterslide like this.

Sandra cooked up so many culinary horrors along the way.

What in the actual fuck did I just watch!?!?!
    BITTER likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information