Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Marsha...I think it's the coffee you're buying...

Default Marsha...I think it's the coffee you're buying...

We haven't had a good coffee thread in awhile. What's your brand? Bean, grind at home or grind at the store? What's your coffee maker? Press? Perc? Drip?

Instant coffee freeze dried crystals?

Milk, sugar, sweetener, black? Steamed milk or cream or cold? Flavored coffee? Coffee mate creamer?

You only buy coffee at a coffee cafe or diner?

Who remembers this? I would love to get one and try it. By Pyrex.

If you're main drink is tea, yes, please share. Even though this is a coffee thread.

I have several of the Pyrex flameware pieces. My mom had them when I was growing up and I love them and look for them at thrift shops when I go. I take cream and sugar (nothing powdered because that's nasty), and tend to like dark better, but I'm not strict on that. If I had to pick a brand to go with, it'd be Cafe Bustelo. Mmmm.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I love French press coffee that's our main brewing style at home. We've mostly ditched the keurig except when we're running late and we mostly get Peet's fresh beans because I pass by the local distributor every day on the way to work and they have a small counter in front where you can go in and buy by the pound. When we use the keurig we get the gevalia house blend and use the reusable keurig pod.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

We get the Espresso Blend , French Roast , Seattle Blend or Italian Roast from Mejiers grocery store, I have no idea who provides their coffee but you can buy it in bulk , we only buy whole bean and grind it every morning . We also get Cafe' Bustelo espresso blend too

I use a stovetop Bialetti espresso maker and buy salt spring island beans that I grind every morning. I have one cup a day so I want it to be a good one! I hate having coffee out because it doesn't taste as good as home.

czb

i hate coffee, only drink tea. i make it every day, put leaves in a little chinese iron tea pot, then pour a bit of it in a cup and dilute it with boiling hot water. usually it's japanese sencha, but sometimes it's other kinds - earl gray, jasmine, etc.

I love coffee and have four ways of making it I have a Nespresso, which is amazing. I had a very expensive espresso maker and I switched to a Nespresso several years ago. The quality is amazing. I also have the little stovetop Cuban coffee maker, a french press, and a regular drip coffee maker.

As for brands, I actually love Starbucks. Several different types. Komodo dragon is a favorite here. I also used to love their Estima, which I can't find anymore. I buy about a pound every 5 to 7 days. I get it ground at the store because I haven't been able to find a grinder that actually grinds the coffee the way I like it to be ground. It's always too coarse, which makes the coffee too weak. I also like Peets and a little local coffee shop called Mercury.

Oooh, and tea. I love tea. I really love the tea maker I got from Teavana. It's great. I buy loose teas (any brand) and steep them in the tea maker.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My coffee comes out of a jar and gets a splash of semi-skimmed milk, no sugar. I will drink filter coffee if I'm out somewhere but I usually end up with the jitters (damn those free refills!).

Tea is the Devil's piss and I loathe it when it's my turn to brew up at my Bestie's place because the smell makes me gag. Thank goodness my other half drinks coffee or blackcurrant herbal tea at home as I'd never go near him.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i hate coffee, only drink tea. i make it every day, put leaves in a little chinese iron tea pot, then pour a bit of it in a cup and dilute it with boiling hot water. usually it's japanese sencha, but sometimes it's other kinds - earl gray, jasmine, etc.
    Same here. I have a little guy tea infuser for the leaves - best buy ever. My favourites at the mo are: japanese genmaicha, osmanthus green tea and jasmin green tea. Occasionally decaf earl grey. Depending on my mood I brew different mint teas, nettle, chamomile, thyme, or linden. Or I just mix them. Endless choices with tea!
    czb likes this.

My new kitchen is so small that when I moved in, I got a cute little French press coffee maker, and now I love making it that way. I take it black as it can be, maybe with a small spoon of coconut milk if I have a can of it in the fridge. I want to get my own grinder, but I know my neighbor would hate me if I used it in the morning. Fresh ground coffee is so much more delicious than store ground, you really taste the difference.

Tea drinker here too. I just learned how to make a good fresh cuppa the English way thanks to a friend of a mutual friend.

We put on a pot of drip coffee most mornings, and buy whole beans from a local roaster - the Just Us Co-Op. I actually like my coffee pretty weak, though. Some kind of sugar-free sweetener and a little cream, although I would make lattes if I had a machine... ours died some time ago and we have yet to get a new one.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I have 2 french presses. One for the coffee and one for frothing. Using a french press to froth milk is so wonderful. I can make the warmed milk as thick as I like. I don't usually add sugar. I also have an old school chrome electric percolator. A Keurig and a Starbucks's Barista espresso machine.
    Or I do tea. A bag of green tea matcha and a bag of black tea mixed with a splash of milk and honey in a great big mug.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Coffee lover here. I have tried it all over the years. I have gone through different phases. French press. Ordered only from Gevalia and only Kenya roast. Cuisinart 12 cup coffee maker,because I decided a bigger pot made it taste better. Coffee grinder and fretted over size of grind. Finally when I down sized, I realized I was being a coffee snob. I now have a treasured Hamilton Beach one cup coffee maker-use the coffee of your choice. I like plain ole' Folgers French roast.
    The coffee furnished all day at my Happy Retirement Home is delicious. Never heard of this until I came here: Farmer Brothers coffee and tea. The tea is equally great. This coffee is kept fresh all day,and that is the biggest key-FRESH.
    I use a bit of sugar & dash of cream. Also-coffee never keeps me awake. I can drink a pot and barely make it to bed!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I got rid of my Keurig coffee maker - it became a bug magnet. A co-worker gave me his old cheapie Rainbow store coffee maker and that is what I use now. I stick to mainstream brands; during the holidays I get flavored/upscale coffees from Dunkin' or Starbucks. Cannot tolerate Bustelo; it's a brand popular in the Latino community. It's strong as hell and that is how it goes in AND out, if you catch my drift..

Last year we got an official visit from the Dijbouti Coast Guard and they gave us all boxes of loose tea from their country. I have to tell you, that was some of the best tea I've ever drank. Full-bodied, nutty and slightly sweet. Too bad they won't be back again this year.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information