Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow's daily eating plan includes a $250 smoothie!

Elite Member

Default Gwyneth Paltrow's daily eating plan includes a $250 smoothie!

Gwyneth’s eating plan includes a daily smoothie that costs more than $250 in superfoods to make

Gwyneth Paltrow’s smoothie costs $250 in superfoods to make

January 15, 201610:06am
    Sharnee Rawson

Want to drink the same smoothie as Gwyneth Paltrow? You may have to mortgage your house.

WE GET that it’s really easy to slam Gwyneth.

It’s a love-hate relationship; we’re crazy about hearing what she eats, but at the same time, her detox programs are … interesting.

Her lifestyle website Goop has just released its 2016 annual detox menu, loaded with chia puddings, vegetable crudités, salads and a detox tea made from cumin, coriander and fennel seeds.

To do the detox, you’ll need to swear off the following: “no gluten, dairy, corn, soy, caffeine, alcohol, added sugar, red meat, shellfish, white rice, or nightshades (tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, potatoes)”.

And you thought paleo was hardcore.

Many people love to hate Paltrow.(Source:AFP)

Despite all that, Gwen swears she’s really normal, honestly. She even keeps Oreos in the house.

“We are a pretty balanced house. I mean, kids eat sugar. That’s how it goes. So we have organic snacks and we have Oreos, too, so…” she recently told Yahoo.

“I think there’s a lot of misinformation about what I actually eat. I really don’t have any rules. I really believe in delicious food and enjoying life and not saying no to anything. But at the same time, you know, I think it’s important to understand what good nutrition does and make sure you maintain a balance. For me the big things are really processed food and foods that have tons of chemicals and pesticides. I try to stay away from that, but I love French fries and cheese and martinis and all that kind of thing.”

That’s well and good, but her morning smoothie — which Goop says she drinks every day, without fail — tells a different story.

The recipe starts out simple; almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil, sea salt, vanilla powder … then you’ll need a super foods dictionary to decipher the rest of it.

As well as Peruvian superfood maca, you’ll also have to track down ashwagandha, a root that is said to calm anxiety ($24 for 127gm from her suggested retailer), plus ho shou wu, a “sex and beauty tonic” based on herbs to stimulate and balance hormones ($25 for 79gm), and cordyceps, which are “adaptogenic energy mushrooms” ($50 for 87gm).

And there’s no way she’s having dairy-based protein powders. Instead, it’s a mushroom and brown rice protein, retailing at $50 a kilogram.

Finally, a teaspoon of “Moon Dust” ($80 for 56gm) herb infusion for extra energy. Phew

If you’re looking for an easy way to eat healthy, with no pricey supplements required, check out delicious magazine’s two-week food lovers’ cleanse. We guarantee that it’s 100 per cent delicious, no dictionary required.

As well as Peruvian superfood maca, you’ll also have to track down ashwagandha, a root that is said to calm anxiety ($24 for 127gm from her suggested retailer), plus ho shou wu, a “sex and beauty tonic” based on herbs to stimulate and balance hormones ($25 for 79gm), and cordyceps, which are “adaptogenic energy mushrooms” ($50 for 87gm).

And there’s no way she’s having dairy-based protein powders. Instead, it’s a mushroom and brown rice protein, retailing at $50 a kilogram.

Finally, a teaspoon of “Moon Dust” ($80 for 56gm) herb infusion for extra energy. Phew
    right, but unless you're eating those amounts every day, then no, the smoothie won't cost you $250 bucks a day. unless you're planning to swallow a kilo of brown rice (and that's when it's dry) in one sitting.
    goopy's annoying enough on her own (though i don't totally dislike her, i find her amusing) no need for people to make shit up to make her sound even more out of touch than she is.
    also, it should be clear by now that her intended audience isn't 'regular' people. she's rich. she's out of touch. she's speaking to other rich, out of touch people. get the fuck over it. yawn.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Bitches be crazy.
    greysfang likes this.

Whatever. I know this heifer eats fries. She's probably hiding in the closet with that bag of Oreo's right now.
    darksithbunny and greysfang like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She went to an ayurvedic or what?
    All these product you can find pretty cheap in Asia.
    And her menu, dhal is just lentil soup and it is the tumeric that makes it yellow, here it is the protein for the poor people who cannot afford meat and fish.
    And her use of coconut oil Bwah bwah .

If she keeps filtering her body and is so "healthy", why does she look like shite most of the time?
    kasippu, rollo, joebob and 1 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I hope the next one she drinks goes down the wrong pipe.

Make her go away.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

She needs to start fixing the outside, starting with that hair.

And stop smoking and filling her face etc. etc.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Goopy has a restaurant in NYC's Tribeca and another one opening on the East Side. It's going to be in an old movie theatre that used to show beyond artsy films and sometimes classic's like Ed Wood's Plan 9 from Outer Space. That movie theatre has been shut down for like 10 years. Must be nasty inside.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s been awhile since we’ve heard from 3 Green Hearts — Gwyneth Paltrow’s health-centric pop-up that debuted in the Hamptons at Tracy Anderson Studio in 2015 and has taken up residence every summer since. But quietly, this fall, Paltrow, Tracy Anderson, and CEO Maria Baum opened the first Manhattan location at 271 Church St.Though the cafe debuted with a limited menu, starting mid-March, 3 Green Hearts will expand offerings with the opening of the flagship at 241 E. 59th St.: A 6,000 square -foot, $900 a month lifestyle club and headquarters for Tracy Anderson Studio — the fitness trainer for Paltrow, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, and more— where the general public can stop in for a militantly healthy, to-go meal.

Here are five things to know about the soon-to-open restaurant.

1. The biggest thing about the Midtown space is that it actually has a kitchen, where they’ll be making items like smoothies, “chopper power salads,” “raw green noodle heaven” and “healthy” frosting shots.

2. Customers at the Church Street location are still waiting for actual food beyond pistachios, pumpkin seeds, organic bananas, and protein bars. It will arrive with the opening of the Midtown location.

3.) It’s in a former movie theater. 3 Green Hearts will be on the ground level, along with men’s and women’s locker rooms, a “curated retail center,” and a listing of class schedules.

4.) ​The prepared meal program will be available for pick-up and local delivery. “Each meal is designed as a healthy, fresh and organic option with weight loss and weight management plans available.”

5.) There is a selfie room. “The studio will also house a Tracy Anderson "theatre room" for members and visitors to capture their pre/post-workout photos, and easily share the snaps with friends across their social ​media ​networks.”

Waterslide and sputnik like this.

Get out of here with those prices.

I don't like that Americans call coffee with steamed milk, a latte. Latte means milk, so on the menu, it just looks like it would be a glass of milk. I was in Italy in 2000, and asked for a latte (I worked at a coffee shop), and thought I knew my stuff. Well anyway, then I was asked, "You only want milk"? Well that taught me something.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post

I don't like that Americans call coffee with steamed milk, a latte. Latte means milk, so on the menu, it just looks like it would be a glass of milk. I was in Italy in 2000, and asked for a latte (I worked at a coffee shop), and thought I knew my stuff. Well anyway, then I was asked, "You only want milk"? Well that taught me something.
    Yes! A latte is plain milk, a latte macchiato is with a shot of espresso. I love the many options you can get in Italy. My Italian friends always roll their eyes if i order a cappuccino after lunch, for them this is only ok for breakfast, but a Marocchino is OK -> 'shorter' version of the Cappuccino.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Yes! A latte is plain milk, a latte macchiato is with a shot of espresso. I love the many options you can get in Italy. My Italian friends always roll their eyes if i order a cappuccino after lunch, for them this is only ok for breakfast, but a Marocchino is OK -> 'shorter' version of the Cappuccino.
    Yup, in those cut dainty mugs. It's ok to throw your pinky up while sipping, because of the tiny handle. Haha!
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

czb

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post

those prices are consistent with what i see, here at more spendy places. not a bargain, by any means. but not as $$$ as i expected.

but a $900/month 'lifestyle' club?? *faints*
    Waterslide likes this.

^^Bargain, Mar a Lago will cost you more than $1300 per month (after your 200 grand buy-in fee) and you might have to look at Mango Moron!
    panic, Waterslide and BITTER like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information