Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 'Starbucks hates Jesus', says an outraged Christian dude .. lol ;)

Elite Member

Default 'Starbucks hates Jesus', says an outraged Christian dude .. lol ;)

Christian evangelists upset with Starbucks’ red cups

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/christian-evangelists-upset-with-starbucks’-red-cups/ar-CC6ZeC?ocid=

New York Daily News
    Nicole Hensley 3 hrs ago

Snowflakes, doves and trees are out and minimalism is in for Starbuck’s signature holiday cups — to the dismay of Christian evangelists.

The coffee chain’s seasonal designs are remixed each year, but this year’s tri-color tone of red, green and white has apparently angered some religious leaders for declaring a so-called “war on Christmas.”

“Starbucks REMOVED CHRISTMAS from their cups because they hate Jesus,” wrote former Arizona pastor Joshua Feuerstein in a viral Facebook post that had at least 8 million views Saturday night.

Student pastor Nate Weaver at the Crosspointe Christian Church in Sarasota, Fla., vowed to never visit Starbucks ever again.

“I’m officially banning Starbucks from my life,” Weaver wrote in a Facebook post Saturday. “With the CEO of the company telling those who support pro-life that they don't want their money and now the Red Holiday cups with nothing that might tie to Christmas on them because they want to be politically correct.”

Outrage over the red cups is not exclusive to the United States. British politician David Burrowes joined the criticism against Starbucks’ new design as an attempt to play it safe.

“The Starbucks coffee cup change smells more of political correctness than a consumer-led change,” Burrowes told Breitbart London. “The public has a common sense grasp on the reality that at Christmas time, whether you have a Christian faith or not, Britain celebrates Christmas.”

© Starbucks Starbucks red holiday cups.

The new cups were introduced as early as Oct. 22 in European coffee shops before expanding to American chains at the end of its booming pumpkin spice season.

The holiday designs date back to 1997 with artistic depictions of reindeer, vintage ornaments even shades of blue, according to a Starbucks statement on their latest cups.

The corporation started its tradition with a “jazzy Santa.”

In 2013, Starbucks decorated its cups with coffee flowers and poinsettias.

“This year we wanted to usher in the holidays with a purity of design that welcomes all of our stories,” said Starbucks’ Vice President of Design & Content Jeffrey Fields.

That inclusive design is at the heart of Feuerstein’s disdain.

“Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays,” Fields added. “We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s more open way to usher in the holiday.”

While this year’s hot beverage cups lack any apparent sign of winter, the Frappuccino beverages get their own holiday cheer on top of an ice base. Those cups have snowflakes.

Jesus.
    kasippu, BITTER and twitchy2.0 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Did the cups ever say "Merry Christmas"? I always thought they were things like snowflakes and the like.

I'm guessing they still have their Christmas blend. Isn't that enough?

God, I wish I had the time these idiots have to get this worked up over a red fucking coffee cup.

Omfg, get over yourself. The logo is the same, they just changed the cup red.

If less evangelists will be going there, they just made Starfucks the happening place to be this Xmas.

This has hipster PR move written all over it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Are you telling me I can't drink my Venti Iced Skinny Hazelnut Macchiato in a cup with reindeer and snowflakes on it, like Jesus did? Thats christian persecution! Sheesh Starbucks, just throw us to the lions.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

These people are so bored, they invent crap to complain. Geez, go decorate your own freaking paper cups.
    darksithbunny likes this.

I don't understand. How is including all holidays ever a war on Christmas?

As a child we had a music teacher at a public school who I knew was a devout Christian. He had us sing secular songs, Christmas tunes, and Hannukah songs. He also taught us about all the holidays being celebrated because he knew a bunch of Mississippi kids were not usually exposed to Kwanza or Hannukah. We enjoyed it, and I don't remember any complaints. I didn't feel as if my Christianity or my Christmas was threatened either

Stupid. Just drink the damned coffee, and forget about the decoration. I'm sure Jewish, Kwanza, and Atheist folks go to Starbucks and got Christmas decorated cups and never complained. It's inside that counts. Or maybe it was the non Christmas celebrating people who complained, that's why it's just red.
    Nevan likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I've said this before, and it's stolen from something Miranda said to Charlotte on Sex and the City, but I'll say it again:

You get a day, Christians, not a week [and certainly not a month or two!]. Is it December 25th? Spectacular, Merry Christmas! Is it November fucking 9th? Then drink your fucking latte and shut your trap. Happy Holidays is perfectly acceptable in almost all situations.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Here are some of the older cups, apparently:

2013:

2011:

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My non-Christian self is suitably Daily Mail Sad Face style outraged by those festive cups. Ban them or I shall continue my preexisting boycott* of Starbucks forthwith!

*nothing political or religious, just I haven't found one that does a decent hot chocolate.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Even Candace Cameron spoke out in support of the cups. You know you're being outrageous when a Cameron calls you out ha ha. Her Facebook post:

Starbucks War on Christmas?

It's a red cup, folks.

Until Starbucks puts a baby Jesus or nativity scene on the cup while saying Merry Christmas, then pulls it because they say it’s offensive, let’s talk. I don't remember Starbucks ever being a Christian company, do you?

A Santa, a snowflake, some holly, a polar bear, some jingle bells or plain red cup don’t define Christmas for me as a Christian. My relationship with Jesus does.

So, I will joyfully sip on my Starbucks coffee, in a plain red cup, and instead of complaining about the lack of decorations, I will lovingly share the good news of Jesus Christ with friends and co-workers or anyone who's willing to engage in conversation.

Merry Christmas to all!.

i don't know about jesus but starbucks certainly hates decent coffee and has banished it from its stores.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It is kind of surreal to go to this really nice looking little place to pay good money for not-great coffee. And they never brew pure varietal types of coffee, like Kenya AA or Ethiopian Yergachefe, etc. It's always some proprietary Starbucks blend, like "Pike Street Holiday Shade-Grown Fair Trade Lonely Hearts Club Band" or something.
    panic likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information