Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Love it or hate it - The Pros And Cons Of Pumpkin Spice

Default Love it or hate it - The Pros And Cons Of Pumpkin Spice

The Pros And Cons Of Pumpkin Spice

Posted: 09/20/2015 8:05 am EDT Updated: 15 minutes ago

Oh fall. The crisp cool weather. The turning leaves. The fun of getting my sweaters out of storage.

That all sounds nice. I live on the center of the sun (AKA San Antonio) so fall for us happens sometime in early February. Okay, I kid...a little. I'm not bitter or anything...besides, I get to experience the magic of fall that I am missing though the magic of the internet.

Summer is over. Forget the fact that it's over 100 degrees here. The autumn dÚcor and Halloween stuff at Target tells me fall has arrived. I heard a rumor Costco has Christmas stuff out...I'm not going near there...no room for premature decorations in my life. Ahem.
    But you know what I love most about fall? Watching the pumpkin spice haters getting wound the eff up.
    It's flavored coffee. People look forward to it all year... either that or they look forward to the whole "love to hate" aspect of it all. I don't get why people get their undies in a bunch because the Internet talks about pumpkin spice.
    Pumpkin spice Pumpkin spice Pumpkin spice Pumpkin spice Pumpkin spice Pumpkin spice Pumpkin spice Pumpkin spice Pumpkin spice Pumpity Pump Pump Pumpkiny spicy spice!
    Are you still here? Okay. I don't like pumpkin spice...I'll just put that out there. For the most part, I like my coffee to taste like coffee, although I like the occasional caramel macchiato. I don't want my coffee to taste like pumpkin, gingerbread, peppermint or any other fun holiday flavor.
    Hey, pumpkin spice haters. Get over it. These are for you:
    1. Pumpkin spice is not the only seasonal consumer product that people go cray cray crazy over. It's always something. The frenzy will pass...and then it will be time for the internet to gripe and moan about the Elf on the Shelf. Poor Thanksgiving. That's my absolute favorite holiday and it gets so shafted.
    2. Pumpkin spice isn't hurting you. If your loved one has a pumpkin spice problem, odds are he or she is still behaving like a decent human being. Other than maybe having an expensive coffee habit, pumpkin spice addicts are still generally productive members of society. Men don't stay out all night drinking pumpkin spice. Women don't ignore their children's needs because they're focused on nothing but getting their hands around a warm cup of that foamy goodness. Okay...well, maybe that second thing might be a problem for some.
    3. Yes, there are pumpkin spice flavored bagels, cream cheeses, cookies, bakery products out the wazoo, body lotions, candles, condoms (yes, really...and ew...weirdos.) There is a lot of pumpkin spice stuff around...it's not going to take over the planet. It might seem like it's taking over Panera bread, though, but I gotta tell you, pumpkin spice baked goods don't suck. Pumpkin spice wants to be your friend. If it's not your thing, just deal for six weeks.
    4. Psst...you know this stuff doesn't actually contain pumpkin, right? Can you chill out about this or does it make you hate pumpkin spice all the more? Do you think Starbucks is damaging pumpkin's reputation? And what is pumpkin, anyway... a fruit? A vegetable? A decorative product? I don't know. And...Starbucks claims their Pumpkin spice actually contains real pumpkin...truth or urban legend?
    So. When it comes to fall, I think of pumpkin spice and I laugh because it seems like there are two kinds of people in this world: people who love pumpkin spice and people who love to hate it. Chill and find something else to appreciate about fall...the beauty of foliage, the heady smell of candy corn, or the fact that there's not a giant stream of sweat rolling down the back of your neck toward your butt.
    It's only a flavor...it's just coffee, man.

The Pros And Cons Of Pumpkin Spice┬*|┬*Jill Robbins
    Free Charmed.

Do I sense a little pumpkin spice obsession Nov?

Nom nom nom nom!!!

Seriously, its bloody freezing here, the nights are dark, we've already had frost a couple of times.
    Autumn (fall) is my favourite time of year but its very damp here instead of cold & dry
    Free Charmed.

A*O

Ugh, there are very few things I avoid eating it pumpkin is one of them. Something about the texture I think.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I love pumpkin everything.
    Brookie likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Ugh, there are very few things I avoid eating it pumpkin is one of them. Something about the texture I think.
    Hate pumpkin, hate pumpkin pie (its so deceiving!!!) but pumpkin spice, is yummy, and... despite what some bloggers think, has no pumpkin in it!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Same here. I love pumpkin pie - as long as it's not the gelatinous store-bought version. I like the Panera pumpkin spice muffins - which apparently do have pumpkin puree in them. I freaking love pumpkin squash soup.
    Brookie likes this.

I love pumpkin muffins and mostly pumpkin cheese cake.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Me too. I've heard there's pumpkin spice flavored water. If I could find it, I'd buy it.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I love pumpkin spice, too. I'm not a huge fan of the pumpkin spice latte because it's a bit too sweet for me. I could enjoy it as a dessert, but not as my go to coffee. I love the pumpkin scones at Starbucks.

Pumpkin looks like a weird word after reading this thread. pump kin. Just weird.
    witchcurlgirl, Tati and sputnik like this.

I agree it's weird, kind of like hamster. ham ster.
    ScoobyDoo and sputnik like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

So many previously benign words become weird if you read them a few times in a row.
    ScoobyDoo likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sput-nik SPUT-nik, SputNIK....

Yeah, youre right!
    ScoobyDoo and sputnik like this.
    Free Charmed.

Had my first pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks over the weekend. Yep I'm in love.
    Novice and Brookie like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information