Thread: Rum drink recommendations

Default Rum drink recommendations

Any Rum drinkers in GR land? I'm trying to look for a fruity kind of rum drink that's relatively easy to put together. I've done Malibu and pineapple, which is quite tasty, but I'm wondering if there's a good fruity "regular" rum drink - using just regular old rum-rum. I have a weekend camping trip coming up soon, and I'd like to have something other than beer... Thanks in Advance! (If anyone has a non-rum drink recommendation, I'd be interested too! I'm just trying to get out of my rut of the same-old, same-old!)
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: Rum drink recommendations

OJ Everybody has OJ!

Love coconut rum. I have a blender so I like making slushy drinks. I got some pina colada mix so if and when I go get some Malibu then I'll be making that.

I think Malibu came out with fruit flavoured rums, like 3 new flavours. I tried their mango one, was yum.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I like light rum and soda with lots of lime. Then there's the old standby, Cuba Libre. Crush lime (be generous) in a glass, add ice, Coke and rum.

There are zillions of rum drinks out there but those are easy and refreshing.

Zee

Try mixing mango rum with lemonade. It is wonderful!
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Daiquiris are great, too. Rum with banana, pineapple, and a little fresh nutmeg. So wonderful. Fresh fruit makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Daiquiris are great, too. Rum with banana, pineapple, and a little fresh nutmeg. So wonderful. Fresh fruit makes all the difference.
    Ooohhh...fresh fruit. hadn't thought of that. Thanks for all so far! I just get nervous trying new combinations, which is why I wanted opinions!
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

I don't drink a lot of rum any more, but I have fond memories of fresh daiquiris on the beach in Jamaica and my fave bartender there used to make the best daiquiris ever. You can use juice, but it would be hard with bananas!

I like most rum-based cocktails, though I often just have it with grapefruit juice. The tanginess kind of cancels out the sweetness of the rum, so I like the combination.

Thread Information