Thread: Baking with sugar substitutes

Default Baking with sugar substitutes

I have 2 family members who cannot have sugar but love cookies. I am considering making them some using a substitute but wonder if it is worth the effort. Any suggestions?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Use stevia and it will be fine. I bake with it all the time.
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

i don't really bake, period. but i have a friend who does and when she's using sugar substitutes i believe she uses splenda.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't really bake, period. but i have a friend who does and when she's using sugar substitutes i believe she uses splenda.
    We've used that, too, and I think it works okay. I think it's the most common sugar substitute used for baking.

Stevia is as close to sugar as you can get imo. I think it tastes a little sweeter than though so you may want to cut back what the recipe calls for.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Stevia is as close to sugar as you can get imo. I think it tastes a little sweeter than though so you may want to cut back what the recipe calls for.

Exactly the same with Splenda. You can google recipes for either.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I like xylitol best. It looks, tastes and bakes like sugar. It's made from corn usually and I use a non-GMO brand.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

^^^^
    if i even smell that stuff, or its equally evil cousin sorbitol, it's straight to the bathroom for me, plus hours of horrible, painful gas and bloating. fun times.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yes, xylitol is a sugar alcohol with that nasty side effect for some people. Fortunately, I have a cast iron stomach. Not even that gross olestra fat substitute that came out in the 90s fucked up my gut. My friends would eat one measly potato chip and then be stuck on the toilet for half a day. As for me - nada! I'm not sure that's a good thing though.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Hit By Ban Bus!

I use Stevia. There is not much of a difference from the actual sugar. So, no need to worry.

Thread Information