• 2 Post By Kathie_Moffett
  • 1 Post By MmeVertigina
  • 3 Post By Kathie_Moffett
  • 1 Post By Kittylady

Thread: San Francisco's First Cat Cafe Is In the Works

Default San Francisco's First Cat Cafe Is In the Works

A cat cafe in Austria. [Photo: Cafe Neko/Facebook]

A cat cafe in Seohyeon, South Korea.

Get excited San Francisco, you're getting your first cat cafe. Eater SF reportsthat KitTea will be part teahouse and part cat playhouse, with some 10 cats living at the cafe at any given time. Apparently inspired by similar cafes in Asia and Europe, owners Courtney Hatt and David Braginsky are currently scouting spaces and navigating DOH regulations before getting the cat cafe up and running for a Summer 2014 opening.
    Unlike the Pets Deli that recently opened in Germany, KitTea is not exactly a cafe for cats. The basic idea is that while patrons enjoy their tea and snacks, they can also interact with the cats that live at the cafe. KitTea is hoping to also be able to facilitate cat adoptions, should a patron decide they'd like to take a cat to go. No menu has been set yet, but as of now Braginsky and Hatt plan to serve "a streamlined menu of organic teas from a local provider" and "a combination of Asian and American snacks" like mochi and chocolate truffles.

Here Comes KitTea, San Francisco's First Cat Cafe [ESF]
    KitTea [Official Site]
    All Cats Coverage on Eater [-E-]

San Francisco's First Cat Cafe Is In the Works - Gimmicks - Eater National

Half of me feels bad for the cats, half of me wants to go there immediately.
    stella blue and Kittylady like this.

I like. Will visit. But that chick needs to change her name to Hourtney Catt.

Brookie and Kittylady like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

They opened a cat cafť in Paris in September/October, but it's so difficult to make a reservation, I still haven't had time to go.
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

All I can think about is cat butt on the tables, sorry. And I do like cats.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

I love this idea and hope we get one.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    All I can think about is cat butt on the tables, sorry. And I do like cats.
    I hear ya. But we've given up worrying about cat-ass-trophy in our house, it's beyond any human ability to control at this point. Hey, we're still alive!

I do wonder how the health dept. will handle this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I can only imagine the smell of cat piss wafting upon the air when it opens. And I'm okay with cats (don't love them, but don't hate them either). But then again, I hate when people bring their dogs to outdoor patios at restaurants, so I'm obviously not in the target market for this.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Go Habs Go!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I can only imagine the smell of cat piss wafting upon the air when it opens. And I'm okay with cats (don't love them, but don't hate them either). But then again, I hate when people bring their dogs to outdoor patios at restaurants, so I'm obviously not in the target market for this.
    A good odor absorbing litter and perhaps a sprinkle of litter freshener combined with regular changes and you won't smell a thing. If you can smell pee then someone is being a lazy sod and not taking care of things, just the same as if a human went three days without flushing after using the loo.

Kathie I've given up too lol. I've woken up with cat butt in my face, paws dangling in my mouth, getting my nose rasped when they decided that their hooman needed a wash... Hell, I've probably eaten enough cat hair to be in danger of hairballs and if smoking it could get you high I'd be in a permanent haze.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    A good odor absorbing litter and perhaps a sprinkle of litter freshener combined with regular changes and you won't smell a thing. If you can smell pee then someone is being a lazy sod and not taking care of things, just the same as if a human went three days without flushing after using the loo.
    Fair enough. Just my overactive imagination talking. I know plenty of cat owners who keep their houses very clean and regularly change the litterbox. I've also been to houses (often ones for sale) where you can immediately tell they keep animals without even seeing them.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Are they gonna build this in my house because my cats don't wanna get in a crate and go any damn where.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Thread Information